brake lines for a tci ifs kit

Started by slider, February 12, 2005, 10:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

Just got done putting a tci mustang II ifs on a 46 chevy 1/2 truck anyone have any suggestions on what sort of flex brake lines to get. From what type car etc. Thanks ahead of time.

Crosley.In.AZ

I bought hoses for a 76 mustang II .  I also have dropped spindles on the mustang II under my  dodge .  

It is a tight fit for the straaight section of hose at the caliper
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

slider

The front end has the gm calipers just thought maybe someone had already did this sort of swap. I live in a small town and most every part on the brake system has been it'll be here in a week. Chevy cals, chevy truck manual master cyl. disc/drum. ford eight in. posi out of a mustang ford drums. Try going to auto zone and asking for the right brake line it gets interesting real fast.BTW Crosley I also have 4 morris's 1 right hand stock the next one im doing a mild custom last one I'm dropping a v8 into, just thought you'd might like to know your not alone.

DocsMachine

Well, if it's GM, chances are it'll take a "banjo" type fitting on the caliper, and a 3/16" flared steel line on the other. Most of the differences in the seventies and most of the eighties GM stuff was just length, or extras like tabs or ends designed to clip into holders.

If you know what the caliper originally fit (for example, Chevy Impala, or GM 1/2-ton truck, etc) try getting a hose for that make/model.

Doc.

Crosley.In.AZ

ya know I am an idiot......  I ran mustang II brakes for over a year till I converted to the 11 inch rotors and GM calipers on my Dodge Lancer.

I bought stainless braid lines from The Rod Factory here in Phoenix for the GM metric calipers.

These lines bolted into place of the OE style rubber lines....

of course the first sentence in this post opens me up to the peanut gallery here  ie; tomslik , enjenjo...  :arrow:   :wink:
Tony

enjenjo

Quoteof course the first sentence in this post opens me up to the peanut gallery here ie; tomslik , enjenjo...  

I don't pick on cripples :lol:

77 or so Camaro should be about right. If that is too long, 79 Cutlass is a few inches shorter, you have to drill out the banjo fitting slightly to get the bolt in.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quoteof course the first sentence in this post opens me up to the peanut gallery here ie; tomslik , enjenjo...  

I don't pick on cripples :lol:

77 or so Camaro should be about right. If that is too long, 79 Cutlass is a few inches shorter, you have to drill out the banjo fitting slightly to get the bolt in.

I've never heard of the year && Camaro.

:arrow:   :?:
Tony

slider

thanks for the help, the people at o riellys finally just told me to go back and look for myself. found a set for 90's gmc they ended up being a litle long but they worked.