Question for Crosley

Started by 348tripower, February 08, 2005, 08:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Tony,
 I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD with the small V8. It is at the dealer for a couple of problems and I asked them to check the trans out. Seems to not drop right into gear. I have noticed when it is parked on an incline nose down, it doesn't want to take off right away. The dealer tells me this lag is common, and is caused by the computer. Any comments on this?
Thanks,
Don
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

I'll try to keep my answer on a non tech level.

Your dealer is a liar, stoopid or both.  Most likely the answer they give out to satisfy a customer question

Some of them do have a lag if you start them and try to move away quickly.

If you warm the vehicle up , shift it to neutral while you sit in it and it idles.  this will insure the converter fills properly
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

Thanks Tony.
 I was curious as to wether it was a curable illness or something that is permanent.
Don

Quote from: "Crosley"I'll try to keep my answer on a non tech level.

Your dealer is a liar, stoopid or both.  Most likely the answer they give out to satisfy a customer question

Some of them do have a lag if you start them and try to move away quickly.

If you warm the vehicle up , shift it to neutral while you sit in it and it idles.  this will insure the converter fills properly
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

My wife has a co-worker that trys to do some of the simple upkeep on her v-6 powered Dakota.

Janice called me a couple of months ago.  Her co-worker had called the mopar dealer to ask some questions about a tune up and spark plugs....  the service guy told her she could not change the spark plugs herself because it would cause  trucks computer to go wacky.  

I could not stop laughing for a bit.  Janice told  the gal that I was laughing my butt off.  I explained that the truck needed a quality plug and all would be fine

She changed her spark plugs and oil the same day. The truck still runs great... LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)