Morris gets a GM alternator

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 02, 2005, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

well I got the 1 wire alt bolted to the motor in the Morris.

I built a bracket that uses the OE mount bracket and holes so I can bolt the genie back on if I ever fix it.

Not yet taken the Morrie out for a  thrashing / test , but I will this weekend if I get time.

Need to order the voltage indicator light I posted a few weeks ago... then get it installed.

Recently ordered the chassis kit from Jegs for my 2nd Morrie.  Jegs put the cage kit on back order immediately.  Most likely means i will never see the chassis kit
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rooster

Looks good!   Is it a 10si ?   Powder coated or paint ?

Crosley.In.AZ

it is a powder coated unit from Summit.... 90 bux plus the ride.

I built a little bracket that bolts in place on the engine.  The adjuster bracket is one of those early alt brackets that GM started using when they came out with the long water pump.   I used my plasma cutter and trimmed off 80% of it.
Tony

rooster

Its so shinney I cant make out what fan is on the front of it, metal would probly be 10si, plastic ,12si or more (more amps)!
:?: How are you pumping the water through the block?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "rooster"Its so shinney I cant make out what fan is on the front of it, metal would probly be 10si, plastic ,12si or more (more amps)!
:?: How are you pumping the water through the block?

it is a 10si alt.  it has a chrome metal  fan with shroud

the radiator fan is attached to the w-pump.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

QuoteRecently ordered the chassis kit from Jegs for my 2nd Morrie. Jegs put the cage kit on back order immediately. Most likely means i will never see the chassis kit

Jegs tells me the chassis kit has shipped.  Should be here by friday feb 11.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony