Could someone look this up in the Hollander interchange book

Started by 2rods, February 05, 2005, 02:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2rods

1986 Toyota Cressida drivers door outside door handle. Would like to know if there are other toyotas with the same handle. Mine broke and am having trouble finding one. Thanks.

GPster

My neighbor has one that will be on it's way to scrapper. It's a 4door and we could probably make you a deal on a whole lot of stuff. He got it for his son but as soon as he bought his son a car all interest was lost. It's previous owner is a self-professed mechanic but he just mostly talked about it. The last try he had made to get it running involved a rebuilt starter that I think is still on it. GPster

2rods

Thanks, may take you up on some parts. Anyone with a Hollander that could see if there is an interchange? Please.

rooster

You could try going to a junk yard and asking ! At the u-wrench-it in st louis they will hand you a read out of differt things that fit different year cars. Has helped me several times. Might also ask in a different forum.

GPster

The paperwork for this one is lost in the shuffel but the build date on the door jam says it was manufatured in june of '85 so I would think that puts it as an '86. It's whole now but is starting to gain weight from everything that looks like metal. I'm working real hard convincing myself I don't need the bucket seats and hardly anything else looks like a '48 Willys Jeepster or  a ('47-'53?) chevy truck. GPster