7 hrs. of grinding

Started by DRD57, January 30, 2005, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

This should dispel any rumors of me being sane.

Bib_Overalls

We are all a little looney.  So what?  I mean why not spend seven hours polishing a block.  It's a better waste of time than TV or video games.  Impressive effort.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Scrap Fe

Quote from: "DRD57"This should dispel any rumors of me being sane.

We both have the same degree of sanity.  I spent about 25 hours doing the block, heads and intake on my crate motor before I painted it.  Ain't it fun?

unklian

It would be much easier to leave the hood closed, :D
but I'm sure you will be satisfied with the results.

DRD57

Quote from: "unklian"It would be much easier to leave the hood closed, :D
but I'm sure you will be satisfied with the results.

The hood WILL be closed. That's what's so insane about this!

unklian

In that case,yes,your first statement was correct.

The men in White Coats will be coming soon. :D
Your room,the one with matress wallpaper,is waiting for you.

Phil1934

Here's the test for crazy.  Did you have the block checked for cracks yet?

DRD57

Quote from: "Phil1934"Here's the test for crazy.  Did you have the block checked for cracks yet?

No, I rest my case.

RodZZilla

It could always be a pretty display engine.  Just like my favorite saying "There is a fine line between hardcore and stupid"  I know which side of the line I am on.  I just refuse to answer.
There is a fine line between hardcore and stupid.

47wood

Gee, it's not like you had something better to do ...right?  Besides, long after you've forgotten what a headache it was you'll still be enjoying all that nice smoothing.  Can I send my block out there for some rays and a little massage?   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

DRD57

Quote from: "Phil1934"Here's the test for crazy.  Did you have the block checked for cracks yet?

Not to worry. I checked with the machine shop today. Everything is good. The block cleaned up with a .040 bore and the heads were good too.

Crosley.In.AZ

I've done many things once.

like polishing 2 aluminum intakes for a big block chevy.  One was a dual quad cross ram intake.  Actually I started the cross ram, took it to a polisherto be finished.  When I got it back I re-did the polish work he screwed up, which was most of it.

If you fully polish another engine block , then mayb you are not sane

:?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Gilles

Good job. Is that the engine for the Cadillac? If yes it means that your are working again on this car?

:D Gilles :D

Sean

I guess I'm just lazy, there is no way I would spend that much time smoothing a Block. Looks good though.

DRD57

Quote from: "Gilles"Good job. Is that the engine for the Cadillac? If yes it means that your are working again on this car?

:D Gilles :D

Yes, this is the engine for the Cadillac. The block sanding is done on the main shell and it's ready for paint on the door jams and the bottom of the floor. When that's done the chassis will go back together for the final time and the body will go back on the chassis.