Finished My remote master cylinder

Started by nzsimon, January 23, 2005, 06:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

Here is the finished product I got some time in the shed while the missus was doing a triathlon on the weekend the progress pics are in another post way further back

Since I have mounted the brake master cylinder under the dash on the 32 I have had to make a remote filler as the orginal one was plastic

I had a oil fill cap I ordered that didn't fit so I got a mate to thread a bit of stainless to suit

Once I got that I found a scrap bit of stainless pipe cut it in half and tigged on some sides then lots of drilling and fileing later I had a top and a bottom

The pipes out the back were cut from a music stand at work the bolts are welded in from the inside so the whole thing mounts to the firewall with no fastenings showing

A quick polish and it looks like a storebought item I have to drill a descrete hole somewhere as it is airtight something I never thought of till I posted progress on this item here and someone mentioned
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

enjenjo

So this will be on the firewall under the hood? Looks good by the way, you're very talented with Stainless.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

nzsimon

Thanks that is a true compliment comeing from you

Yes mounted high on the firewall so from the side with the bonnet down even without side panels it is invisible

Stainless doesn't really req any talent it is easy really, very easy to weld as it flows real nice just a bit harder to cut especially when you only have handtools and an angle grinder

A bit of a polish on the bench grinder and you can make really cool looking one off pieces there is more hours in this one than I will admit I am going to get a mate down at the local mall to engrave "Brake" on it just to make it more tossey
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true