GRUNDY INSURANCE response to insuring non factory vehicles !

Started by nitrofc, February 13, 2004, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrofc

This info in regards to a previous post regarding coverage by Grundy

Grundy Worldwide has no problem insuring non factory vehicles. However we do have a concern insuring  some Cobra "kit" cars. As you are aware these vehicles are super fast and the driver is nearly fully exposed. On an insurance stand point we would like the vehicle to be a solid well built and maintained vehicle and the driver having some years of driving experience. As for the limitations for the use of the vehicle,  as you know we do not have any mileage limitations and we allow the vehicle to be driven as long it is not used as a daily driver for work,school or business use. Occasional pleasure drives are just fine.

If anyone has any question or concerns about Grundy and coverage of any car  please email me.. chuck@grundy.com

Thanks,
Chuck Wasoski
Grundy Worldwide

dave Robertson

Quote from: "nitrofc"This info in regards to a previous post regarding coverage by Grundy

Grundy Worldwide has no problem insuring non factory vehicles. However we do have a concern insuring  some Cobra "kit" cars. As you are aware these vehicles are super fast and the driver is nearly fully exposed. On an insurance stand point we would like the vehicle to be a solid well built and maintained vehicle and the driver having some years of driving experience. As for the limitations for the use of the vehicle,  as you know we do not have any mileage limitations and we allow the vehicle to be driven as long it is not used as a daily driver for work,school or business use. Occasional pleasure drives are just fine.

If anyone has any question or concerns about Grundy and coverage of any car  please email me.. chuck@grundy.com

Thanks,
Chuck Wasoski
Grundy Worldwide

After reading the previous posts about Grundy' s rates, I checked with them for a quote and compared that to my coverage from hagerty's. Believe it on not, the grundy quote was exactlly one-half the cost from Hagerty for exactly the same coverage. Both my vehicles are modified and that did not cause any problem, and the agred coverage amount is the same. So, no Duh, I'm switching insurance carriers.

Cheers,
Dave

Fast Elvis

Dave have you heard how the service is with Grundy over Hagerty insurance? It's hard to believe their rates are that much lower. Thanks F.E.

Dave

Quote from: "nitrofc"This info in regards to a previous post regarding coverage by Grundy

Thanks,
Chuck Wasoski
Grundy Worldwide

Interesting... I was told no by the lady i talked to there. Time is an issue and i needed insurance. Maybe Chuck should have answered the phone?
Id like nothing more that to save 300 bucks a year but no was the answer so i went elsewhere. Ill have to investigate later when ive got more time.
I wasnt asked if it was a cobra and I told her  it was and all new home built 32 ford. When you describe your vehicle and your told that they cant insure you as far as im concerned thats the answer and I didnt think I had the right to argue. Im insured now so they loose the other company wins and I spend 300 bucks more with the other company. Oh well.........
Dave

OFOF

Quote from: "N8DC"

Thanks,
Chuck Wasoski
Grundy Worldwide

Interesting... I was told no by the lady i talked to there. Time is an issue and i needed insurance. Maybe Chuck should have answered the phone?
Id like nothing more that to save 300 bucks a year but no was the answer so i went elsewhere. Ill have to investigate later when ive got more time.
I wasnt asked if it was a cobra and I told her  it was and all new home built 32 ford. When you describe your vehicle and your told that they cant insure you as far as im concerned thats the answer and I didnt think I had the right to argue. Im insured now so they loose the other company wins and I spend 300 bucks more with the other company. Oh well.........
Dave

I just sent my paperwork and check to Grundy today.  I didn't save half but my cost went from $1000+ with Haggerty to $600 + with Grundy.  I accessed the Grundy web site and put the information for all three cars in the "calculator".  The cost was low enough that I called the company and was assured that the quote was accurate.  I did have to show that I had a seperate "daily driver", that I had an enclosed garage, and photo's of the cars.  Not a big deal.  I hope that I never have to find out how good their accident coverage is or what happens if I do have a claim.  Maybe Chuck can give us some information in that regard.
Don.
Don Palfreyman

purplepickup

I must be missing something.  I just got my renewal statement from Hagerty and it is for $358/yr for $20K agreed value. I was curious about Grundy's rates because of what everyone said on this thread, so I went to their website to get a quote.  I used the exact same info that's on my Hagerty policy and Grundy's quote came back at $410.20.  I guess I'll stay with Hagerty but I'm wondering why you guys are getting the opposite results.  I checked a couple of years ago and Grundy was more then too.
George

dave Robertson

Quote from: "purplepickup"I must be missing something.  I just got my renewal statement from Hagerty and it is for $358/yr for $20K agreed value. I was curious about Grundy's rates because of what everyone said on this thread, so I went to their website to get a quote.  I used the exact same info that's on my Hagerty policy and Grundy's quote came back at $410.20.  I guess I'll stay with Hagerty but I'm wondering why you guys are getting the opposite results.  I checked a couple of years ago and Grundy was more then too.

There seems to be a difference depending on each State's insurance regulations. The quote I got from Grundy is exactly half of the Hagerty's I had been paying for the exact same coverage.

The person at Grundys said that normally there is a premium for modified vehicles of 100% but that Washington State does not allow that differention. Grundy would not be allowed to sell insurance in Washington if they had that overcharge so we get the same rate as for a stock classic vehicle.

The representative also said that the usual caveats apply, locked garage, etc but there is no mileage limitation and 'pleasure driving is allowed, just not use to to/from work or running errands'.

So g'by to Hagertys and by $410 monthly payment and hello to Grundy and $205/ yr.

Cheers,
Dave R aka 32 chevy

tom36

I checked both Grundy and Hagerty  for 4 vehicles in Maine.  Grundy was $24 dollars cheaper but Hagerty has free ramp truck towing should you need it (up to 3 times).  Tom..

Charlie Chops 1940

George,

I think the reason you're not seeing much difference may be because of Michigan's no-fault.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"George,

I think the reason you're not seeing much difference may be because of Michigan's no-fault.

Charlie

As I play with my insurance company today (wife wadded up her car, she's OK)  My Michigan policy say's "YOUR FAULT" RIGHT across the top.
I know it's going to cost me!   :evil:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

purplepickup

Everything is your fault Ken.  It's handy having a friend like you. :lol:
George

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Yeah, Ken keeps the heat off the rest of us!

Yea and what he won't claim his brother will.