Looking for:

Started by 47convert, January 15, 2005, 08:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47convert

A friend of mine, who used to build the nicest Hot Rods around here back in the 50s and early 60s is looking for a good Model T or Model A tudor sedan body to build a traditional Hot Rod. He's been away from the sport for years but wants to get back into it. If anyone knows of such a body for sale in the Detroit/ Windsor Ontario area I'd sure appreciate a heads up. He's willing to travel a little but would prefer to get something fairly close to home. His last Rod was this little chopped and channeled T coupe with a Dodge Hemi and since he was in the US AirForce, stationed in California, he used it as his transportation back and forth across the county many times. It'd be great to see him involved again. Thanx

sport.

Hey Mike ,What happened to the original?

Chad

47convert

When the owner and his brother started a Marina business, this coupe and the brother's roadster were put to work putting boats in and out of the water as well as everyday parts chas'n etc. They made a deal that one of the cars would be sold to help finance the business and the T sold first. It was purchased by a guy I went to High shcool with and he pulled the small block Chevy out (it had replaced the little Hemi a couple of years earlier) and put  a 427 Ford tunnel port in it. He drag raced it for a while untill it burned. At that time another guy bought it and fixed it, installing a 428 Ford engine. (The 427 went into an Austin Bantham roadster) and it was sold a few times over the years, finally going to the States and no-one has seen it since. It never really had the right look (to me anyhow) after the fire having become a typical 70s street rod.

Santa Fe Bri

Hi Mike   Can`t help your mate on finding a T or A but I just had to say I liked the one he had in the 50`s. I live on the East Coast of England & my mates just finished his stock bodyed 27 T 5 window coupe, he has a SBC in it with a blower. but I like the style of your friends much better, I wonder where the original is.       Best Regards Brian

47convert

Yeh It was always my favourite ride when I was a kid.

47wood

Mike,  Check the ads in the "early V-8" section of www.fordbarn.com.  You can also place a free want ad there.  Good Luck.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

47convert

Thanx - that's a good site!