Chat

Started by enjenjo, January 23, 2005, 03:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

We are going to do our chat tonight at the regular time, 9 pm, but we are going to use our new software. It's located here

http://www.streetrodtech.com/chat2/index.php

You will have to reguster on this software, this should keep out the Russians we had occaional problems with on the other chat. There is no Java used on this chat, so it should eliminate the problems with firewalls and dropped connections we had before, it is PHP based. On the info reguired to register, it asks for a user name, password, real name, and email address. As long as the user name and password are correct, and the others look like they are real, it will work. If this works out, we can change the registration page to suit us.

I would suggest registering between now and 9 pm, and maybe trying it out before the chat starts.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rooster

ill be over there trying it out 3:11 central, I see it can save messages! It worked fine for me. I noticed that the old chat is still on! but thats not how to enter tonights chat! Right? Instead use the link you provided!

Saving the chat session worked well, just a " /save" and you got it! Should come in handy when you need to remember the name of a book! :oops:

enjenjo

Quote from: "rooster"ill be over there trying it out 3:11 central, I see it can save messages! It worked fine for me. I noticed that the old chat is still on! but thats not how to enter tonights chat! Right? Instead use the link you provided

Yup, use the link in this post. one other thing, when you leave chat, hit the exit button or you will still be there :oops:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rooster

I had to turn off the pop up in my broswer to save the chat session though!

Fat Cat

I am almost certain I will be able to link the login from the forums to the login for the chat. So that you will be able to use the same username and password to log in to either.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Fat Cat"I am almost certain I will be able to link the login from the forums to the login for the chat. So that you will be able to use the same username and password to log in to either.

Well it turns out that it is not going to be that easy. The Chat software does not allow for spaces in usernames And I know we have a few of us that do have spaces.

So you will have to use the register function of the chat software but you can register your name without spaces and use the same password as your forum login and all will be fine.

rooster

Well I like the new chat room, there was a problem for me at around 900, the reloading got very slow, and finally wont load at all had to reboot, then scaned the drives just to be sure. nothing found! i do have a new file on my desk top that I havent seen before, it has the windows symbol named "~" Hummmmmmmmm!!! Sorry I missed out on the end of chat!

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "rooster"Well I like the new chat room, there was a problem for me at around 900, the reloading got very slow, and finally wont load at all had to reboot, then scaned the drives just to be sure. nothing found! i do have a new file on my desk top that I havent seen before, it has the windows symbol named "~" Hummmmmmmmm!!! Sorry I missed out on the end of chat!

Yeah, I wondered what happened, I got locked out!!! just froze up (no I'm not frigid)!!!  :lol:    You could have just asked me to leave, you didn't have to just throw me out. I was trying to be polite, but its all Tony's fault  :wink:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
Debb

Oh yeah and I loved the new format, and not just because its PURPLE  8)

GPster

At the time I decided to say goonight I typed the message then it would't send. The only way I could get out of it was to hit the X in the upper right hand of my screen. I did think it was a problem but I had no other problem with it on the other sites I checked before I cashed in my chips. GPster