Back To The 50's info request.

Started by Jimc, February 20, 2004, 09:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimc

I am looking for information about the show- what is the opinion of the show, how many cars show up, the style of cars showing, and the availability of Motels

The dates for the show would be nice to know, too.
Most important, is there a scheduled gathering of RRT members?

Thanks,
Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

The dates for the show are June 18,19,and 20th.There is also a drive in movie open to participants in Cottage Grove on Thursday evening,the 17th.Motels are almost impossible to get close to the Fairgrounds...my recomendation would be to stay North of the event...it seems much easier to access the event from that direction.I have been going for many,many years and stay in Brooklyn Center which is a suburb about 8 or 9 miles North.The host hotel is also North and close to Brooklyn Center.This is a great event with over 10,000 pre-64 cars in attendance.If I could only do one event each year...this would be it.The weather is usually very nice but always seems to shower sometime over the weekend,the fairgrounds is mostly shaded with lots of great parking...it is getting so big ,there's not a lot of room to cruise,an awesome fireworks display,great selection of vendors and a large swap meet on Sunday.If you would like any other info or a list of hotels,just let me know...my contact info is in my profile.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Rochie

Jim,
I was at Back to the Fifties last year.  The highest registration number I heard was 10,528.  Man that's a lot of cars to put in the fairgrounds.  The show was well run organized and a lot of fun. Last year they had a car coral (about 50cars) and an auction (about 75 cars).  Cruising after the show is absolutely unbelievable.  Good hotels and resataurants all over the place.  If Denise sees this I know she can provide all kinds of info on the hotel/motel etc. You can't help but have a great time.
Rochie

Sorry Jim,Forgot to mention...the cars are a mix of streetrods,customs,restored originals,tri-fives,early vets and just about anything else pre-64.Just for fun,last year my buddy and I made a list of 10 rare cars that we thought we would likely not see....over the weekend we spotted 7 of them!My guess would be about 50% rods and the rest making up the other 50%.There are lots of RRT members who attend this event,I am not aware of a set meeting but we usually get together at some point.Hope you decide to make it!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

I can't add much more to what these guys have already stated.  I've been attending for many years and it's one of my favorites.  I do believe though that I'm going to forgo this show this year and head to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, KY this year as they are both on the same weekend.  I'm certainly going to miss seeing all my RRT and HAMB buds that attend this show but I really like going to new and different places and I feel the Hot Rod Reunion is one to check out from the photos and stuff I saw from last year.  Also, it's much closer to to the house which means one less day off work that I can use at another time.

Jim, if you do decide to attend BTT50's you are more then welcome to my room at the Stupid 8 at Brooklyn Center.  Less then 10 miles to the fairgrounds, the motel in nothing but hot rodders that weekend and there are a number of other hotels on the same block that are chalk full as well so there are lots of folks to party and hang out with in the parking lots.

I'm going to start looking for a decent room in Bowling Green this weekend and I usually book a few, sooooo if you want to head east to KY instead of north to MN let me know and I'll book you a room where I'm staying.  That goes for anyone else too that might want to check out the Hot Rod Reunion show, let me know and I'll book you a room.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Jimc

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I can't add much more to what these guys have already stated.  I've been attending for many years and it's one of my favorites.  I do believe though that I'm going to forgo this show this year and head to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, KY this year as they are both on the same weekend.  I'm certainly going to miss seeing all my RRT and HAMB buds that attend this show but I really like going to new and different places and I feel the Hot Rod Reunion is one to check out from the photos and stuff I saw from last year.  Also, it's much closer to to the house which means one less day off work that I can use at another time.

Jim, if you do decide to attend BTT50's you are more then welcome to my room at the Stupid 8 at Brooklyn Center.  Less then 10 miles to the fairgrounds, the motel in nothing but hot rodders that weekend and there are a number of other hotels on the same block that are chalk full as well so there are lots of folks to party and hang out with in the parking lots.

I'm going to start looking for a decent room in Bowling Green this weekend and I usually book a few, sooooo if you want to head east to KY instead of north to MN let me know and I'll book you a room where I'm staying.  That goes for anyone else too that might want to check out the Hot Rod Reunion show, let me know and I'll book you a room.

Hang on to the room for a coupla days, will let you know.

and, thanks
Jim

HotRodLadyCrusr

No rush at all bud, take your time.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

40 Chev Coupe

Go to www.msra.com you'll find out all kinds of stuf.
:b-d:

Jimc

Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"Go to www.msra.com you'll find out all kinds of stuf.
Took your advice and poked around a bit, printed the regstration form.
It gets expensive if you do not pre register.
the wife and I are giving this some serious thought.

Jim

moparrodder

Jim, I didn't make it last year and am kicking myself in the hinny ever since, things just didn't work out for last year but is the one to go to for sure, ya wont be dissapointed I promise!!  Here is a link to my webshots albums and in the left hand side the second one down is some pics I took in 2002 it will give you an idea of what is there. http://community.webshots.com/user/moparrodder                                       We sure had a great time and met and made a host of friends from all over the country and Canada, boy are those great Canadians fun to be cruzin with!!  Sure hope things work out this year for us to go, might not have the 40 done by then and may have to be on foot but it will still be worth the time!!  Bill 8)

mrloboy

Back to the 50's is a blast! '03 was the first year I have missed in 15. I'll be back in '04! Bill! I've reserved seats for you and Gail in the old Poncho 'vert for cruise time! Hope to see you there! rj