barrett jackson auction scottsdale

Started by river1, January 13, 2005, 09:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

even tho it's here in town i've never gone. i want to take my pops this year.

is there a BEST day to go? is there a way to get access to more of the auction grounds as opposed to just the "public areas"? is there a cheaper way to get in? do they (the hi bidders) take the cars from the grounds after they win the auction? or do they leave them there for me to drool over?

any other info i might need?

thanks jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Been there and had a GREAT time.  You'll be able to get to every area except for the area where the real bidders bid.  You have to be wearing your bidders pass to get into this area.  There will be grandstands for the regular joes to sit and watch from.

If you want to get on TV look at and interested in the cars just as they are getting really to roll inside.  I'll watch for you and wave  :wink:

All the cars were on display on the grounds all weekend from what I could tell.  There were some huge tents that were spread out with cars underneath and between these tents there were more cars out in the elements.  These seemed to be the less valuable cars.

Folks were dressed up, guys had on dress slacks and I noticed women in dresses or fancier then normal daywear.  Very few blue jeans, t-shirts, or gym shoes.  The food tents were real resturants like The Outback Steakhouse with nice tables under tents.  I don't remember fast food type of eateries.  We did an early lunch before we went in and then just had a snack there then a late dinner off the ground as well.

There are a number of small auctions and lots of cruz nites going on that weekend.  We went to a few cruz nites but I can't remember where they were located.

Have fun.  Wish I was going.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

I had planned on going but have since cancelled those plans.I have been twice before and would agree with Denise...It's a good time!Of course,when it's -30 where I live...it's hard not to have a good time when it's +70! Last time I was there,prior to going thru the auction,the cars were available to view,most under large canopies.After the cars went thru,the sold ones went to an area off limits to the average Joe and the ones that did not sell went to another area where representatives from the auction contiued to try and sell them...this area was open to the public. As I understand it...all entries this year will be sold on a "No Reserve" basis...that should make for an interesting auction!In the past,there has been a good display of concept cars and upcoming models as well as a large display of Automobilia for sale.I would also agree that most everyone was dressed pretty well for an auction...we wore shorts and a t-shirt...that IS dressed up for me :roll: The highlite of the trip for me both years was the car cruise at the "Pavillions".It's a shopping area where several hundred cars gather on Saturday....the lot usually starts to fill up late morning.There is a  KFC and a McDonalds I believe and they have a DJ and a sound system set up between them in the parking lot.It is one big street party not to be missed! We are looking for a high temp tomorrow of -5 and a high Saturday of -15....sure wish I was headed to Scottsdale!! Have fun and a safe trip!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

i think you will find there are reserves on various vehicles.

the time of day , which day it is all dictate what the charge to auction a vehicle is..... these are known as prime time spots and B-Jackson charges more for them.

the charge for reserve prices are higher as is the percentage of the sale to B-jackson.

plenty of big name stars there. When I was more involved in the colector car market I often helped peole with problems.  Helped Reggie Jackson one year with one of his Hemi cars that would not start.

I usually go in the back way on Thompson Parkway to the events there.  I have not been to B-Jackson in several years , so they may have changed the entrys & roads that are open to the general public.

BE careful out there , the Snottsdale police are every where
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)