Slingshot manifold

Started by TKD_Master38, December 27, 2004, 12:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKD_Master38

Mery post Christmas,

A month or so ago one of the Rod Magazines ran an article about innovations or products that changed the course of hot rodding.  One of the products mentioned was an Edlebrock manifold for the Ford flathead.  It featured a Y type of adapter that mounted two two barrel carbs and bolted to a larger openingin the manifold.  It was nicknamed the "slingshot"

They had a picture of it, and it rang a bell.  I had been wondering what that thing was that has been in my collection of stuff for over 20 years.

I went scrounging around and sure enough there it was inthe back seat of my '31 Victoria.

Anyone out there got any idea how rare or desirable these things are?

47wood

I've seen them priced anywhere between $250 and $500 depending on how quickly the seller wanted to part with it.  They are a nice piece.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

yngrodder

Quote from: "TKD_Master38"Mery post Christmas,

A month or so ago one of the Rod Magazines ran an article about innovations or products that changed the course of hot rodding.  One of the products mentioned was an Edlebrock manifold for the Ford flathead.  It featured a Y type of adapter that mounted two two barrel carbs and bolted to a larger openingin the manifold.  It was nicknamed the "slingshot"

They had a picture of it, and it rang a bell.  I had been wondering what that thing was that has been in my collection of stuff for over 20 years.

I went scrounging around and sure enough there it was inthe back seat of my '31 Victoria.

Anyone out there got any idea how rare or desirable these things are?

yngrodder

Im interested in your Intake if your wanting to sell it. Thanks,Mel