Soooooo, I got this 1951,

Started by SKR8PN, December 30, 2004, 07:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKR8PN

Pontiac, C-dan Delivery..................I just about got the title handled for it and I'm beginning to sorta think about what I MIGHT want to do with this thing. At this stage I have a grand total of 2 dollars invested in it  :lol:  :lol:
Has anyone here ever done a GM subframe under one of  these old early 50's Poncho's? If so,which one works the best(fit to the existing frame-wise),a Nova,or Camaro front sub? What years?
I think I am going to start scrounging up some pieces-parts and want to have SOME idea as to what I need :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

58 Yeoman

Jim, I don't know if the early 50's are the same as my 41, but if it is, 68 to 74 fits right in between the frame rails.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

I would suggest using a 79 to 87 Midsize GM car for a clip. About the same width as the Nova, but newer, so it's easier to find one that isn't rusted out.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

What Frank says.  I used the "metric" GM front clip on my Olds and it fit right up.  It is also a little narrower than the Nova/Camaro stuff which can be a help.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

SKR8PN

On the clips you guys are calling "metric".........what is it that makes them "metric"??
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "SKR8PN"On the clips you guys are calling "metric".........what is it that makes them "metric"??

The fastening hardware. Starting in 79 GM used metric fasteners.