saturday morning

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 21, 2004, 09:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

It's 9:45AM and I slept in....(yawn....stretch).  It's 31 degrees out, coffee's on.... threw a couple more logs on the fire in the shop.....breakfast should be done around noon....Sue's gone for the day...........I'm finally going to do some stuff in the shop that I was supposed to do before Christmas.....and I DON'T have to nail down shingles  :lol: ......aaahhhh....life is good :D
George

Jimc

36 here in Southwest, Mo, coffee is almost gone, and the 47 is waiting.
I have two knuckles not bleeding, maybe today is the day for those two.
tell me again, why do we do this?
Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

GPster

It's 10:18 and I'm sitting with my 3rd cup of coffee trying to understand how the real world works. GPster

KustomLincolnLady

It's 10:30 am its only going to be 32 today  :roll: again! was 48 yesterday!!
I'm on my way to Crosley's BBQ!!!!!!!!!!   :lol:
Debb

Fat Cat

Its 11:27AM I just got up. Its 32 degrees. I am getting ready to go over to enjenjo's

av8

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Its 11:27AM I just got up. Its 32 degrees. I am getting ready to go over to enjenjo's

It's 9:45 PT, 54 degrees, heavy cloud cover, showers expected in the afternoon and evening, just got back from breakfast, getting ready to head out to Tardel's to grind on a block for Rich Guasco ("Pure Hell" AA/FA). This retirement thing is okay!

av8

Quote from: "av8". . .  getting ready to head out to Tardel's to grind on a block for Rich Guasco ("Pure #####" AA/FA). This retirement thing is okay!

Make that "Pure Heck" . . . :lol:

Jbird

It's 9:53 am, it'll probably be 10:00 before I finish this reply. Anyway I'm sittin in the shop, gas heater on, Allman Brothers CD Blastin in the backround, it's 50 degrees and * down rain outside I just finished my breakfast donut and am lookin at the wheels I have to bead blast and the 95 cop mobile I gotta pull the whole drive train out of. Life is? well life is life, I'm pretty sure the Lotto ticket I bought this morning is a winner. One of my two highly trained watch mice just popped his little head out of his hole in the wall wondering what we're gonna have for lunch. I wonder who feeds them on Sundays? Well, gotta go the bead blaster is gettin impatient.
     Jbird
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Jimc

It is 1:20 pm, just finished lunch, Working on finishing a Boulevard Wheat Ale, then it is back to the garage to finish puting a gazillion bolts in the front sheet metal on the 47 Ford, where I have been the better part of the morning.

Tell me again why we do this.

Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

oiler

Quote from: "Crosley"it's  about 6:30 Am, 53* on my patio, I've got the BBQ fired up , burger on.

A great day!

Then I climb the ladder to nail down shingles today and tomorrow.

:wink:

Tony those shingles look a little crooked!!!
Maybe you should have gotten a pro in to do those :lol:
It's plus 2 here and i spent most of the morning scraping snow out of the yard with the quad.
Also got the new BIG headlights for the roadster.
Have to modify the mounts so they don't hit the front wheels while turning.
Maybe next month I've got lots of time
Jeff

Fat Cat

Well it is 12:55am and I spent the day playing musical chairs with the cars in a my shop. Moved enjenjo's 66 Impala out of one bay and into a storage unit. Put my sons 96 Contour in the shop so I can pull the head and see what kind of damage we have. Hope it is just a head gasket.

Spent the evening working on building a chopper bike for my daughter for her birthday. I was inspired by Rayvyn.

Came home about 11PM and worked on a few more little things on the site that needed updates. Next will be uploading all the pictures for the events section. I am having to move them off the hosting server where they have been for years due to the host no longer offering free hosting. Anybody got time to upload about 4,000 pictures? :D

purplepickup

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Anybody got time to upload about 4,000 pictures? :D
Sure.....as long as they don't have to be done one at a time.  Let me know what you need.
George

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Crosley"it's  about 6:30 Am, 53* on my patio, I've got the BBQ fired up , burger on.

A great day!

Then I climb the ladder to nail down shingles today and tomorrow.

:wink:
Looks like your doing a nice job.  BTW, what are the shingles made from?

For reference, Saturday here was a near record high of 109 degrees F.  Today was only 95.   Been pulling up carpet, and pulling out all the little staples and 'secret' edging; 'fun' job.