superior glass works

Started by tomslik, December 29, 2004, 07:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

http://www.hotrodssuperstore.com/supglaswor.html

no need in reinventing the wheel but what do you guys know about their stuff?
any good?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

purplepickup

I've bought a lot of '31 Chevy stuff from them...fenders, radiator shells, splash aprons, running boards, frame covers.  Everything was made real well as far as I was concerned....but I'm not an expert in fiberglass.  The surface was smooth and shaped the way it was supposed to be and it fit as good as I expected.  

I did "cheap out" last summer and bought a frame horn cover from Rod N Race for less than Superior's.  I would highly NOT recommend their stuff.  The piece I got was pure junk.
George

Inprimer

Quote from: "tomslik"http://www.hotrodssuperstore.com/supglaswor.html

any good?

Inprimer

Quote from: "Inprimer"

any good?
I have one of their bodies, not bad glass, but subframe sucks  the metal is poorly cut & welded. The body was over $5k at that time and since I bought it second hand... I would look into someone else for a complete body. The individual parts are ok I had to buy a new rear fender it was different than the other , I mean one was stock, too narrow, the other was 2" wider, so I decided to cheat and buy a 2" wider rather than splitting the fender and adding 2" Guess what the new 2" wider fender was about 3 or 4" wider than the 2" other fender so... I had to split the 2" wider ferder another 1.5 inches to compensate Sound confusing??? never again

Charlie Chops 1940

Tom,

I bought a few bits and pieces over the years...my Mullins trailer was bought from them at Louisville - towed it home - no problems, the nose and grille for my track roadster came from them. Nice aluminum casting, polish was ok but I gave it a going over with files, etc to detail it and repolished. The track nose was too wide so I narrowed it, but that wasn't their problem, though. The fiberglass was good.

I've looked at their bodies, but only in passing.

Whatcha buying?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

any good?
I have one of their bodies, not bad glass, but subframe sucks  the metal is poorly cut & welded. The body was over $5k at that time and since I bought it second hand... I would look into someone else for a complete body. The individual parts are ok I had to buy a new rear fender it was different than the other , I mean one was stock, too narrow, the other was 2" wider, so I decided to cheat and buy a 2" wider rather than splitting the fender and adding 2" Guess what the new 2" wider fender was about 3 or 4" wider than the 2" other fender so... I had to split the 2" wider ferder another 1.5 inches to compensate Sound confusing??? never again
Ive got an american street rod design 32 body and i finished welding some of the bracing and  added gussets cause i didnt like it. I think they are all about the same when it comes to the support structure..
I think they figure its gonna be hidden with the interior so they dont care what it looks like...
Dave

tomslik

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Tom,

I bought a few bits and pieces over the years...my Mullins trailer was bought from them at Louisville - towed it home - no problems, the nose and grille for my track roadster came from them. Nice aluminum casting, polish was ok but I gave it a going over with files, etc to detail it and repolished. The track nose was too wide so I narrowed it, but that wasn't their problem, though. The fiberglass was good.

I've looked at their bodies, but only in passing.

Whatcha buying?

Charlie

oh, i see they make plastic front fenders and hood(nad decklid) for my 48 chevy coupe and i'm kinda putting it on a diet....kinda;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list