AC for '40 Ford Pickup

Started by lobucrod, December 21, 2004, 03:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lobucrod

My plumber has a 40 ford pick up streetrod and he wants me to install a heat ac unit in it. (hes going to be replumbing my whole house) I have checked his truck out and there is not much room. Does anyone have any info on which unit works in this application? I'm thinking the Old Air Huricane or Vintage Airs Gen II mini.

rumrumm

The Vintage Air mini will fit under the dash of my '32 Ford, so it should not be a problem under the dash of a '40 pickup.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

The best one I have found for 40's is the Vintage Air Slimline under dash unit, or similar from the other vendors. Another alternative is the Old Air unit, that looks like an old time heater
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

manyolkars

Quote from: "enjenjo"The best one I have found for 40's is the Vintage Air Slimline under dash unit, or similar from the other vendors. Another alternative is the Old Air unit, that looks like an old time heater

Stay away from Old Air Products in Fort Worth.  My fingers would fall off before I quit complaining about them.  Just believe me.

enjenjo

Ok then. Hot Rod air has a similar unit, and I've had good dealings with them
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

47wood

Vintage Air is your best bet.  If he's got a recessed fire wall it could be tight.  You can get the measurements on their web site:  www.vintageair.com or call them @ 800-TO-COOL-U.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!