Adjustments after installing headers?

Started by 32 Chevy, December 26, 2004, 09:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32 Chevy

Today we installed a set of Headman headers on the Son-in-Laws 78 Mustang II. It has a 302 in it with a slightly warmed over rebuild including a factory 4 bbl manifold and Edelbrock 650 cfm carb.

Before installing the headers it started and ran well, but now with the headers on it is hard to start and stalls almost every time you let off the gas.

So, I imagine some rejetting, timing changes or other tweaking is in order. Any suggestions on what to try first?

Thanks,

Dave

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "32 Chevy".

Before installing the headers it started and ran well, but now with the headers on it is hard to start and stalls almost every time you let off the gas.

Dave

Did'nt happen to knock off a vacuum line :?
just my two cents worth. gotta start somewhere, usually the simple stuff comes to mind first.

V ance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Kitty!  thats MY POT PIE!...........NO!  BAD KITTY!
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

32 Chevy

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "32 Chevy".

Dave

Did'nt happen to knock off a vacuum line :?
just my two cents worth. gotta start somewhere, usually the simple stuff comes to mind first.

V ance

Nope, that's the first thing I thought of too. All the vacuum lines are O.K.

Dave

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Kitty!  thats MY POT PIE!...........NO!  BAD KITTY!

enjenjo

Well I would get a vacuum guage, and start with resetting the idle, and checking the timing, then you can get into jetting later when you have an idea of where to go.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.