7" booster questions & locations...

Started by efingstein, December 08, 2004, 08:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efingstein

What  did these come in? I'd like to find one outside of master power brakes for two reasons. 1) I can't really afford their stuff and 2) what if it goes out on the road? Do I call MP and have them ship one, I think not!  I'd also like to find a dual diaphram 7" booster to try. I've managed to track down a M/C but can't find a booster. Thanks.
Every man should forcibly leave his steel toe boot print on the face of history.

Dave

Quote from: "efingstein"What  did these come in? I'd like to find one outside of master power brakes for two reasons. 1) I can't really afford their stuff and 2) what if it goes out on the road? Do I call MP and have them ship one, I think not!  I'd also like to find a dual diaphram 7" booster to try. I've managed to track down a M/C but can't find a booster. Thanks.

There is a guy on ebay thats selling the booster and M/C for 115 bucks. Id like to find out what M/C fits the booster but I may just pop for the 115 and put one in my 32..
Dave
ps: sorry i dont have the link handy do a search on street rods power brakes is how i did it i think

efingstein

Yeah, I saw those. I was wondering about them. My thing is, when I get a car running, I drie the * out of it and something always fails. Usually on the road, out in the middle of nowhere. I can't go into a parts house and say "I got this booster on ebay, you got one?" I need make, model and year for the booster. I've got the M/C figured out.
Every man should forcibly leave his steel toe boot print on the face of history.

Dave

Quote from: "efingstein"Yeah, I saw those. I was wondering about them. My thing is, when I get a car running, I drie the * out of it and something always fails. Usually on the road, out in the middle of nowhere. I can't go into a parts house and say "I got this booster on ebay, you got one?" I need make, model and year for the booster. I've got the M/C figured out.

Thats exactly why I havent jumped into power on my 32. The master cyl im using is 12 bucks at advance auto plus the core charge and they know me well enuff that I bought a spare and they didnt hit me with the core. I do have another part number thanks to someone here on the board for another m/c with the lines on the other side. Good info to have if your building a car .
I did all this years ago but never documented the info i needed. Now i do so i can just look it up and go buy what i need.
Dave

enjenjo

Go with a 79 to 89 mustang booster, it's an inch bigger that the 7" street rod booster, and was used on all the Fox body cars, so it's common as dirt.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

efingstein

Quote from: "enjenjo"Go with a 79 to 89 mustang booster, it's an inch bigger that the 7" street rod booster, and was used on all the Fox body cars, so it's common as dirt.

I'd go with one if I had the room! The booster is going under the floor on a 51 Merc. I managed to drag the paint of a 7"er pulling out of the shop for the first time! Plus, I kinda like the idea Master Power had conderning the prop valve (Lines point to the inside, Prop valve horiz. under M/C, lines out of prop valve to outside, viola just where I need them!)

enjenjo

So mount the booster back under the seat, and raise the floor 1" to clear it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.