Ok I need to pick your brain.

Started by Dave, December 06, 2004, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Anyone know the magazine im thinking street rodder and issue that had the deal where they made a bracket to hook to a edelbrock carb to the get kick down working right on a turbo 350 trans. I should have copied it and filed it but i didnt. I did see at louisville that someone was selling them but it was 25 bucks and im sure i can make one for free :lol:  I just need the info on how it was done. I guess i shoulda bought one at lousiville cause i know i spent more than 25 bucks for booze but it kinda sticker shocked me when i read the price tag... Then again 25 bucks for a nicely made piece for a car ive got 35k in ain that bad. I guess I gotta quit being so cheap. Ya thats it Ill buy the 10.00 a bottle gin for this weekend  :lol:  :lol:
Dave

enjenjo

I think Edelbrock shows one in their catalog, shouldn't be hard to clone it. Or modify a stock one.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "N8DC"I did see at louisville that someone was selling them but it was 25 bucks and im sure i can make one for free :lol:  I just need the info on how it was done. I guess i shoulda bought one at lousiville cause i know i spent more than 25 bucks for booze but it kinda sticker shocked me when i read the price tag... Then again 25 bucks for a nicely made piece for a car ive got 35k in ain that bad. I guess I gotta quit being so cheap. Ya thats it Ill buy the 10.00 a bottle gin for this weekend  :lol:  :lol:
Dave

a signature i've seen on another board

i won't pay $20 for something i can make for $50.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "N8DC"Anyone know the magazine im thinking street rodder and issue that had the deal where they made a bracket to hook to a edelbrock carb to the get kick down working right on a turbo 350 trans.   snip . . .:lol:  :lol:
Dave

I can't find it!  It wasn't one of these was it?

TH350 Beer Budget and Bulletproof, Part I Doc Frohmader
Sept '95 Valve Body, Controls, Case Inspection
TH350 Beer Budget and Bulletproof, Part II Doc Frohmader
Oct '95 More Tips on Parts Selection and Installation

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Pope Downunder"
Quote from: "N8DC"Anyone know the magazine im thinking street rodder and issue that had the deal where they made a bracket to hook to a edelbrock carb to the get kick down working right on a turbo 350 trans.   snip . . .:lol:  :lol:
Dave

BTW; I'd be interested to know what the problem is.

I have an Edelbrock Carb and a TH350 on the pickup.  I made a single bracket that mounts the stock Chev cable, the throttle cable, cruise control and return springs.  I didn't know about any special problem; I just made it!  It seems to work fine, but it probably took me all day to make.

The only thing I recall being a bit different at the time was that the kick-down had to be mounted about 3/8"-1/2" further back (from the carb mounting stud) than a universal bracket would have mounted it; otherwise, I could not adjust the cable properly.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "N8DC"Anyone know the magazine im thinking street rodder and issue that had the deal where they made a bracket to hook to a edelbrock carb to the get kick down working right on a turbo 350 trans.

=================================

Dave, the only article I remember seeing in SRM in the past 2-3 years, was about getting the linkage correct for the 700R4.  ...There was a drawing showing the dimensions and correct arc.

Perhaps there was also an article about the TH350.  ...My memory ain't what it used to be!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Dave

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "N8DC"Anyone know the magazine im thinking street rodder and issue that had the deal where they made a bracket to hook to a edelbrock carb to the get kick down working right on a turbo 350 trans.

=================================

Dave, the only article I remember seeing in SRM in the past 2-3 years, was about getting the linkage correct for the 700R4.  ...There was a drawing showing the dimensions and correct arc.

Perhaps there was also an article about the TH350.  ...My memory ain't what it used to be!

Well this article delt with a little bracket to go on the carb itself. I cant seen to get the kickdown set right on mine but maybe I havent given it enuff of a chance. As i remember the bracket they made changed the arc of the bracket on the throttle plates and thus the kickdown worked correctly. I made a bracket similar to the one i read about for my 30 sedan. I may be just loosing my mind from old age too :lol:  Ill try adjusting it again and see what happens but that wont be till spring. :cry:
Dave

Leon

I found the dimensions somewhere for a similar bracket for the AOD and made the thing out of a piece of 1/8" aluminum.  Only took me two tries to get it right but it worked like a dream.  I mentioned it to the guy I bought the tranny from, TPI, and he gave me a commercially built piece to try.  Dimensionally it was the same as what I built but it looked a little nicer and it was free.  I know I saved that article you are looking for, but I saved it so well I don't know where it is :lol:   I'll look to see if I can find it.