Whats it worth ??? 1974 Corvette Body of Restored

Started by Corvette Dave, November 27, 2004, 05:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette Dave

Hello,

I have a body off restored 74 coupe that I plan to sell on the eBay in near future.  I hope to get a picture set together over the next few days.  

Built it for my wife to drive but when it was finished we both decided it's much to nice to be anything more than a weekend or cruise-in car.  No way can we drive this car in Ohio this time of the year.  It's 100% turnkey and only needs a few minor items to finish ie: new seat covers, a sound system, charge the A/C and the interior garnish molding for windshield and pillar posts and detailing.  

I normally wouldn't do a body off on a 74 but I got the car from a buddy who had already bought just about everything needed to do the restoration.  Bottom line he was going through a divorce and the car had to go.  The body has never been wrecked and the only body repair was on the left ¼ panel bonding strip at the end near the endura bumper "very minor".  

Since the plan was for my wife and I to drive the car I didn't do a NCRS type restoration.  The work consisted of the following:

·   Remove and pressure wash the body
·   Pressure wash and prep frame and chassis components for paint
·   Recoated the frame with rust converter and black semi gloss industrial grade Rustoleom.  "No frame damage or major rust ever"
·   Everything "and I mean everything" on the frame is rebuilt or new using only Vette Brake Products parts and components; stainless steel (SS) dual pin calipers, SS brake lines, rebuilt quick ratio manual steering box, every bushing and body mount on this car is urethane, large performance swap bars and stabilizer links, composite rear spring and adjustable strut rods, variable rate front coil springs, new front wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods, rear spindle bearings are new and set up per Van Steele at .001 free play with synthetic grease and new urethane trail arm bushings, and new SS emergency brake kits.  Has the original 3:36 differential
·   The body was originally yellow and was redone done in Viper yellow using urethane base coat clear coat with 3 coats of clear.  Very, very nice job!  The body is completely stock with enduraflex front and rear covers.
·   The interior is black and is a mix of old and new and looks very good except for the seat covers
·   Drive train—original engine is long gone.  Now has a rebuilt 1978 4 bolt main std. Bore 350 with many upgrades. HO. Vortec heads, 9.8.1 compression, crane cam hydraulic cam "old 350 horse grind" w/Z/28 valve springs, roller chain, rebuilt rods, new silovite pistons, Weiand intake, 600 CFM performer carb with an extra Holley included for the occasional trip to the strip or auto cross.  Headers and 2-1/2" 1967 Corvette big block exhaust system "GM" pipe.  Runs fantastic and on pump gas.  Should be at least 350 H.P.  
·   Transmission is a professionally built 700-R-4 and I have the original 400-turbo as well.  Trans has all upgrades, Corvette servo, shift kit, lock up converter 2000 stall.  This trans made this a totally different car...it leaves like it has a 4:11 gear and only tachs 1600 RPM at 60 mph very, very cool combination.  I have only driven it about 400 miles but the gas mileage seem good.
·   The car looks completely stock and has stock rally wheels and brand new tires.

The performance and handling of this car is unreal.  It starts great, sounds great and is a pleasure to drive.  It's nice enough that it could be a showpiece with a little more detailing etc.    

Any one have a thought on what this things worth?

Thanks
Dave

unklian

I'm sure there are serious Corvette specific boards
that could give you a realistic number.

Also check the listings in Hemming's,and ebay,for similar cars.