Deerfield. Massachusetts sheetmetal butcher needed.

Started by GPster, November 25, 2004, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

I look at Ebay occasionally but fear usually keep me from sending in a bid. There is a '50 chevrolet truck door in there for local pick up only  and it falls in the price catagory that I could justifyabley cut-in-up. Anybody near there that could pick it up and cut out what I want and dispose of or use what's left?It is the correct shape to eliminate the rusty fender mounting and make the firewall edges straight on my fenderless '51 Chevy truck project. What I want is the door skin (split in half from top to bottom)  and the hinge and lock faces of the door. The inner skin and panels, window frame, and door glass with winder mechanism could be history. Maybe the door latch too. I won't bid until I find out if I can do this. There's probably some of this stuff around but my occasions to look are shy. Stupid comments on this subject are welcome, this is better than watching football. GPster

rooster

Quote from: "GPster"I look at Ebay occasionally but fear usually keep me from sending in a bid. There is a '50 chevrolet truck door in there for local pick up only  and it falls in the price catagory that I could justifyabley cut-in-up. Anybody near there that could pick it up and cut out what I want and dispose of or use what's left?It is the correct shape to eliminate the rusty fender mounting and make the firewall edges straight on my fenderless '51 Chevy truck project. What I want is the door skin (split in half from top to bottom)  and the hinge and lock faces of the door. The inner skin and panels, window frame, and door glass with winder mechanism could be history. Maybe the door latch too. I won't bid until I find out if I can do this. There's probably some of this stuff around but my occasions to look are shy. Stupid comments on this subject are welcome, this is better than watching football. GPster

Im not sure of the year, but the Junk yard has one its GMC though! Any difference? Frank is coming this way , could probly get it to you that way! Ill check price and year.

GPster

Right now I'm feeling that the Mass. door is a lost cause. There are a pair of doors on Ebay that fall with-in my price range and the guy suggests maybe shipping by bus. Still mulling it over in my mind but I might go for the pair and use my stripped doors for the patch panels I want. There's been no bids on them yet and I don't want to be to start the war. Moved the truck out of the driveway today so they can start pouring the new driveway on Monday. I've worked all week on the hot tub fixing leaks on the and it hasn't lost any water for 2 days. Now that the truck's closer to my tools maybe I'll get it running again soon. The mood is building. GPster