Another DEADLY lesson

Started by midnight sun, November 23, 2004, 06:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnight sun

Just got a call from a friend of mine.  A mutual friend was under his 57 T-Bird working on the transmission and as we all know how the story goes by now, the car fell on him a killed him instantly.

PLEASE take the extra time to ensure that your jacks/stands/etc. whatever you are using are stable before climbing under the vehicle.

We get this kind of posting far too often and it obviously hits home when its someone close.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Jimc

That is sad news.
It just does not make sense for any of us to take chances like that,
You are right, it happens too often!
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

rooster

sorry to here that! But glad you thought to remind us!

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Jimc"That is sad news.
It just does not make sense for any of us to take chances like that,
You are right, it happens too often!

Man I really hate that! :(  I know all too well about the dangers, and hoped no one would suffer that fate again :x

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Sean

The old Mechanic I worked for in High School pretty much beat into my head that you do not get under something without Jackstands. His favorite saying was, "There ain't nothing but a ten cent O-Ring keeping you from getting crushed"...

Crosley.In.AZ

A sad thing to hear!

When I was 16 I had a 62 Biscayne fall off some cheap jackstands.  I saw it moving and rolled out from under the car.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

There are two guys from Louisiana that I have seen at a couple of car shows recently. When they give out awards and ask if any clubs want to say anything or give out any awards, these two get up and give away a set of jack stands. They had a club member that was killed because he did not use them, so they go from car show to car show spreading the word about this and they tell the person that gets the stands to give them to a friend if they allready have some.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

48ford

This is realy sad,
Irene lost a brother years ago the same way.
Only time I realy went off on Tim(our youngest boy) is when he was going to use a cement block,after I calmed down,I took a sledge hammer set the block up and wham! he got the point.
Jack stands are cheap.
Russ&Irene