O/T - Do they still make these light fixtures?

Started by purplepickup, November 16, 2004, 10:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanO

The ones I saw in the sale flyer were on the order of $20. for the one like you pictured and one that was flatter for $15. I wish I could remember which store it was. I really like what you made. That is really cool.

rooster

DC power for the cabin, Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  A buddy of mine has a roofing co in toward the city in a residuntal neborhood he not well liked because he uses his lot for the storage yard for his bussiness,none of the yard can be seen its surounded by tall bushs or a 8ft fence at the rear. Hes been there sence 1955 (his dad started bussiness) The only building that ever been there is a small garage to lock the tools in. If he gets ele or sewer he consided a bussiness and will have to move. For about ten years now he had solar plannels on the roof they charge large cat batterys he can do about anything he wants. About 2 months ago someone lit the place up, got all the panels. Hes now considering solar shingles! The people around the shop are doing all they can to boot him out, there trying to see that he cant get a rebuilding permit.

Crosley.In.AZ

George , that is a neat deal you came up with for the light.

Let us know what you find on 12 volt DC lights.  Never know when information will come in handy
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"I want to get one of these for the living room area of my cabin to hang from the ridge log.  A cheap imitation is fine.  I don't want to pay collector prices for an old one and have to rebuild it.  Does somebody know where they might sell these?  I haven't checked the Menards, Lowes, etc yet but I thought I'd ask before I start driving around.

George

George, there was a BUNCH of those lights at the K-Zoo swap, too bad you didn't have the idea then.... :lol:

4T64RD

Quote from: "purplepickup"I want to get one of these for the living room area of my cabin to hang from the ridge log.  A cheap imitation is fine.  I don't want to pay collector prices for an old one and have to rebuild it.  Does somebody know where they might sell these?  I haven't checked the Menards, Lowes, etc yet but I thought I'd ask before I start driving around.

George

Do you know Mike In Jackson, MI? Kustombuilder on the HAMB, he might part with the ones I garbage picked up there last Aug.
http://www.poorboysflorida.com

New site!!!

Boycott IHOP!!! Buy American pancakes

purplepickup

I just got back and the pitcher works perfect.  I hung it about 12 feet above the floor and it throws light all over the room.  In fact it was so bright with a 7 watt bulb in it that I had to get something to diffuse the light.  I found a plastic lid that fit perfectly and it took the glare off.   When it's on at night you can't even see what the fixture looks like.  

After running the lights all weekend, even in the daytime when I was cooking or sitting at the table,  I put the battery on the charger set on 2 amps on automatic when I got home and it flipped off after about 45 minutes so it didn't use much juice.

I still like just the kerosene lamps on when I'm just sitting around sipping a beer at night.

Here's a few pictures.

The diffuser

Picture taken from the loft

Taken from below

It matches the oil lamp holders

Here's a picture I took from the porch last night with a couple 8 watt fluorescent  lights on under the loft.

Almost too bright
George