Neutral Safety Switch Needed

Started by WZ JUNK, November 16, 2004, 06:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I need to hook up a neutral safety switch on a car that has no provision for one.  There is a racing shifter in the floor and it has no switch.  It is an older shifter and I have not been able to find a listing for a switch for this shifter.  So I need to find a switch that is easily adaptable to the shifter or transmission so that I can wire in a neutral safety switch.   Does anyone have any thoughts or can guide me to switch?
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Fat Cat

Charlie Chops 1940

I used a Ron Francis unit  on the turbo 350 in the '40. It mounts on the transmission pan rail and connects to the shift lever. Narry a problem.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

400 turbo.  It is in the red Willys.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I used a Ron Francis unit  on the turbo 350 in the '40. It mounts on the transmission pan rail and connects to the shift lever. Narry a problem.

Charlie

The Ron Frances switch that I looked at in the Parr catalog looks like a GM column switch that has been adapted to work on the transmission or possibly to a shifter.  Is this the one you have?
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I used a Ron Francis unit  on the turbo 350 in the '40. It mounts on the transmission pan rail and connects to the shift lever. Narry a problem.

Charlie

The Ron Frances switch that I looked at in the Parr catalog looks like a GM column switch that has been adapted to work on the transmission or possibly to a shifter.  Is this the one you have?

Yes, that's the style John. Pretty simple.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Locar will work on a 400 too, and half the price of Ron Francis. Locar uses a big truck backup light switch, available anywhere.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"Locar will work on a 400 too, and half the price of Ron Francis. Locar uses a big truck backup light switch, available anywhere.
]
I put a lokar on the model a i was working on and it worked nice. I had to change the bolt holding the thing on and i cant remember why but it wasnt a big deal
Dave

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Locar will work on a 400 too, and half the price of Ron Francis. Locar uses a big truck backup light switch, available anywhere.
]
I put a lokar on the model a i was working on and it worked nice. I had to change the bolt holding the thing on and i cant remember why but it wasnt a big deal
Dave

I ordered a Lokar switch assembly today.  It looked like the best set up.  Thanks to everyone.  I will try to give and update when I install it.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck