MC question

Started by jaybee, November 17, 2004, 07:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Unfortunately I haven't gotten much "car time" over the past few months except to watch car shows on Tivo with breakfast.  Anyone watch the "Classic Car Restoration" show on DIY Network?  The current project is a 1938 Packard which has a most unusual master cylinder arrangement.  The pedal is low-hinged, but instead of having the master back under the driver's legs it tucks under the toe-boards, poking forward just enough to fill and operated by a pushrod off the pedal arm.  Anyone here ever try anything like that?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Mercury used the same setup. I have never built one that way because I  never have enough room.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

My Jeepster is like that. It has a pushrod long enough to place the master cylinder in a place you can fill it from under the hood. Because the pedal fulcrom is made as part of the frame and because the plan is to leave the car underpowered enough to use drum brakes I'm going to use it as designed. The clutch pedal rotates around the same fulcrom and I think I'm going to weld the pedals together at the hinge point so I can stop with two feet in scarey situations. GPster