Gm Power Steering Question

Started by 348tripower, November 10, 2004, 08:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I got a 98 S10 steering box and I don't know which fitting is the pressure side. One fitting is larger than the other so I'm thinkin the larger one is pressure? Anybody?
Don :lol:
Don Colliau

Roadstar

On  the Mustang rack the smaller one is the high pressure side.

Smaller in most cases will be high pressure.

Also check and see if one is a fitting and The other is actualy just a clamp on the hose. That will be the return. And the fitting side would be high pressure.

enjenjo

The larger is pressure, smaller one return.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

Quote from: "348tripower"I got a 98 S10 steering box and I don't know which fitting is the pressure side. One fitting is larger than the other so I'm thinkin the larger one is pressure? Anybody?

the one furthest away from the firewall is pressure.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

348tripower

Thanks,
 Hose and fitting will be here today. I'll hook it up. Its terribly hard to steer with out the pump running.

Quote from: "enjenjo"The larger is pressure, smaller one return.
Don Colliau

348tripower

Update! I hooked the hoses up per Frank and fired it up. Topped of the fluid and it works fine.  Took it down the road and it tracks good and runs strong. Got a lopey cam in this one and you can certainly tell when it comes in. I was a bit cold yesterday, with no glass in the truck! :lol:
Don

Quote from: "348tripower"I got a 98 S10 steering box and I don't know which fitting is the pressure side. One fitting is larger than the other so I'm thinkin the larger one is pressure? Anybody?
Don Colliau