Possible next project

Started by EMSjunkie, November 17, 2004, 08:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

I know I need to finish the current project first, and I'm gonna, but there is a difference between having another project, and starting another project, right?

anyway, I have a line on a 1951 ford pick-up. don't know a whole lot about it right now. gonna go look at it this weekend if the weather holds.
we have had more snow here this month than we normally do all year.  :(

my question to the crew is: where are the usual places I should look for rust / bondo, etc.  are there any pros or cons to building this year / model?  have a few ideas about what I want to do with it. surley some of you folks have built or worked on this year model. I can't remember exactly what they look like.

any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if time is a waste of life, and life is a waste of time, lets all get wasted and have the time of our life
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

kb426

Look behind the seat for rust. If it's an old farm truck, they were famous for the inside being full of dirt and all the areas around the seat falling out. The 51 has a different grille and lower on the front fender. Not my pick but not a big deal. Lots of parts available. Good project.
TEAM SMART

KustomLincolnLady

Vance, Rob said its like most anything else. Check to see if the cab corners, cowl and edges of doors are patched or filled with bondo, or just rusted!!    and floor like was already mentioned
Debb

enjenjo

Look at the seam on the side of the front fender below the headlight area, they were famous for rusting there.  Also on the running boards where the braces attach. All the fenders are available in glass, along with the running boards.

My favorite is the 52, for the big back window, but the 51 would be next, I like the 51-52 grille too. The dash was updated in 51 to look somewhat like a 51 Ford. you can do some neat things with that dash. by the way, the VIN tag will be on the glove box door, at least it was on mine.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"Vance, Rob said its like most anything else. Check to see if the cab corners, cowl and edges of doors are patched or filled with bondo, or just rusted!!    and floor like was already mentioned
Debb

Thanks everyone for the input :D  :D  I really appreciate it. hopefully the weather will hold so I can go have a gander at her. the local weather monkeys are calling for "significant" snowfall this weekend, starting sometime saturday. think I'm gonna move to Michigan, here they don't get much snow :shock:

Thanks again for the info

Vance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I'll go to bed
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****