Factory Borgeson style steering universal information needed

Started by WZ JUNK, February 16, 2004, 06:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I need to find what year make and model of Chrysler products used a steering box with a 13/16" 36 spline shaft.  I am hoping to find a factory Borgeson style steering universal with this configuration.  This is the same size and splines as the early rear steer GM subframe boxes but they use a rag joint on the box.  I would like to find a universal joint to replace the rag joint.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

C9

Flaming River has a 13/16" x 36 u-joint.
Catalog says it's for a Chrysler, but that's about the extent of the info.

Found here:http://www.flaming-river.com/joint5.htm

Looks too like 79 - 93 ChryCo pickups have a u-joint in their steering that may be 13/16 x 36, but that's a guess.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

tomslik

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I need to find what year make and model of Chrysler products used a steering box with a 13/16" 36 spline shaft.  I am hoping to find a factory Borgeson style steering universal with this configuration.  This is the same size and splines as the early rear steer GM subframe boxes but they use a rag joint on the box.  I would like to find a universal joint to replace the rag joint.

sure, i been trying to sell off my inventory and ya don't think of me:(

anyway,enough of my whining, what size ya need on the other end?
make a a screamin' deal on F.R. u-joints(if i have 'em)...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Kctom

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I need to find what year make and model of Chrysler products used a steering box with a 13/16" 36 spline shaft.  I am hoping to find a factory Borgeson style steering universal with this configuration.  This is the same size and splines as the early rear steer GM subframe boxes but they use a rag joint on the box.  I would like to find a universal joint to replace the rag joint.

enjenjo

Some of the early 80's Jeeps had a 13/16" 36 spline Ujoint. I think a late 80's Dakota too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

tomslik

I tried to repond to your PM but it kept giving me a invalid session error, whatever that means.  I copied the reply and I will add it hear.

That is a fair price for the steering universal joint.  By nature I am a scavenger.  I went to the salvage today and I am going back tomorrow to take a Jeep shaft off and have a look at it.  If I do not come up with something I will buy yours.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Dirk35

WZ JUNK

So, I have made two trips to the local salvage and I have removed a lot of steering shafts and joints.  I even bought a couple because the looked pretty neat and I thought I might use them someday but I still have not found the one I need.  I have  not located a Dodge Dakota yet though and I may go to another yard tomorrow.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck