Chevy Power Steering Question

Started by 348tripower, October 24, 2004, 06:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Anybody know what GM power steering year/ model, pump/pulley combination, I need to use the rear crank pulley (closest to the harmonic balancer) on a small block Chevy long water pump setup? Or a V belt pulley to swap with the one on the pump I have, which is a keyway type. The power steering pump uses the bracket that bolts to the water pump and the head on the left side (drivers side) of the engine. I need to use this set up to clear the steering box in the S10 frame I have in the 48 F1.
Thanks,
Don :lol:
Don Colliau

GPster

Try looking under the hood of a Chevy pick-up or Blazer. The engine that I plan to use in the Jeepster is out of a '79 2wheel drive Blazer (odd) and it had what I think was the long water pump. Not wanting to keep a bunch of stuff I wasn't planning to use it went on a trade because I planned the short pump and no power steering. If I remember the pump mounted to the tapped holes in the head with a stiffener to the water pump. If I kept any of it it would just be the pulleys at the crank and I'll sift through the river mud in the storage boxes if that's the combination you need and you come up a few pieces short. GPster