Off topic-cool Motorcyle pics

Started by purplepickup, October 15, 2004, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Heaven forbid!!.....but yes, I do frequent other forums than the RRT.  :shock:    

One of them is a MSN Harley group.  There is a post there right now with some really cool motorcycle pictures from 50 or so years ago that I think some people here might like.  They're on message #28 of   "this thread".  Enjoy.

I used to ride a Harley on a 7 mile paper route when I was 13 everyday for 2 years in Michigan....and never failed to deliver a paper, so I can idenify with some of the snow pics.  I also rode hare scrambles so I can identify with some of the mud pics but most are way beyond my experiences.  I admired guys like that tho.  Our neighbors in the early '50s were pretty hardcore bikers and they sure did have fun!

Cars or bikes......them were the days 8)
George

Charlie Chops 1940

Very cool pictures...those guys sure knew how to have fun and must have been tuffer than a keg of nails.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

tom

'WOW" thanks for sharing a bit of history.

Great Post...Unfortunately,that's what the riding conditions will be like around here all too soon! Hope to take a couple of rides yet this year to enjoy the Fall foilage,if the weather permits.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"Heaven forbid!!.....but yes, I do frequent other forums than the RRT.  :shock:    

One of them is a MSN Harley group.  There is a post there right now with some really cool motorcycle pictures from 50 or so years ago that I think some people here might like.  They're on message #28

That looks like FUN!!!

Crosley.In.AZ

it is amazing the things folks do with motorcycles.

The photos also show many other things that have changed over the years besides motorcycles and life in general
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

48ford

Wow George,

after the war my dad took his mom all over Toledo in a side car,I remember those bikes,thanks for the trip down memory lane
Russ

av8

Quote from: "purplepickup"Heaven forbid!!.....but yes, I do frequent other forums than the RRT.  :shock:    

One of them is a MSN Harley group.  There is a post there right now with some really cool motorcycle pictures from 50 or so years ago  . . .

Thanks for sharing the great thread, George. I was trying to identify the riders by profession, wondering if they were lawyers, plastic surgeons, dentists, accountants, or a combination thereof. :lol:

No matter, they were all motorcycle riders of the first order, taking extreme advantage of their two-wheel mobility. There doesn't appear to be any coffee-bar cowboys in their crowd.

Mike

purplepickup

Quote from: "av8"I was trying to identify the riders by profession, wondering if they were lawyers, plastic surgeons, dentists, accountants, ...... :lol:

No matter, they were all motorcycle riders of the first order, taking extreme advantage of their two-wheel mobility. There doesn't appear to be any coffee-bar cowboys in their crowd.

Mike
Yeah, you're sure right about that.  Some of the new riders today are pretty particular about what kind of conditions they ride in.  ........smooth, dry pavement.....on a sunny day......temp around 80 degrees....stop at a "biker bar" ( that ain't),  for a burger and a Michelob or Heinekens.  .....But that's ok.  They're riding, and once in a while they get rained on.  Eventually, they'll learn to like being wet and cold.  Those are when the memories are made.  

I think the reason I started riding is because I really got off on the rowdy neighbors that always had someone over and you could hear the laughter at our house a quarter of a mile away.  The neighbor was a mailman and rode his bike on his rural route...year 'round.  I think that's what influenced me to have a rural paper route.  

I saved all those pictures on the MSN site.  Those guys were the real deal.  How many times have you had to stop to dump water out of your boots? ... I've had a few too. :D
George

tomslik

QuoteYeah, you're sure right about that.  Some of the new riders today are pretty particular about what kind of conditions they ride in.  ........smooth, dry pavement.....on a sunny day......temp around 80 degrees....stop at a "biker bar" ( that ain't),  for a burger and a Michelob or Heinekens.  .....But that's ok.  They're riding, and once in a while they get rained on.  Eventually, they'll learn to like being wet and cold.  Those are when the memories are made.  

sounds good to me, can i have some of that 80 degree weather?

got no problem with a bud and a burger but *, some of these guys,that's ALL they want to do.
i try not to hang with those that forgot how to put miles on...

'sides, you could cover me with 100 dollar bills flapping down the road and i STILL wouldn't look good.

and i ain't no RUB.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list