Vintage TV shows

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, June 12, 2024, 05:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Watched a mid 1970s episode of Adam - 12 police tv show...  Pete Malloy's daily driver was a gen 2 AMC Matador 2 door car.

Weird a main character has an AMC product as a driver?

A high school buddy drove a black on black Matador in the late 1970s.  We always teased him about the car.  He bought it cheap.  Price was his number 1 concern when looking for a car.  ;D

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

CHP used 401 Ambassadors about that time.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: enjenjo on June 13, 2024, 10:50:34 PMCHP used 401 Ambassadors about that time.

I did not know that...  A few searches turned up the CHP used AMC Eagle wagons on Highway patrol too.

25+ years ago, a friend had several AMC Eagles.  He lived in Black Canyon City Arizona then.  His place was at the end of a dirt road with ups and downs. He learned the Eagles did not get stuck in the mud.  His wife and him drove the snot out of the Eagles.  WHen he found a runner - driver at a fair price , he bought it.  Had about 5 of them at one time.  LOL

8)
Tony

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Watched a few 1965 Perry Mason shows last week.  Paul Drake was in a new 1965 Corvette roadster.  The actor Bill Hopper that play Paul  was a taller guy and he did not fit the Corvette much better than the earlier 1950s Ford T-bird cars he drove.

Watched a couple Petticoat Junction shows.  The show's theme song was stuck in  my head for a whole day
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Still watching Highway Patrol when I have a chance. I record a few on the DVR device.

To say the HP were a bit gun shooting happy is being nice.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Watched a few Carol Burnett shows the other evening.  Some stream service that is n/c, with ads.. 

The shows were chopped up to half hour pieces.  Carol would do her intro chat with the audience, mention the celebs on the show....  Then you never see 1 of the celebs or the missing celeb is at the end , signing the autograph book Carol often had at the closing.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Got our SAT tv working up here in the AZ mountains..  Somebody (me) forgot the power cable for the Directv box when stuff was loaded into the RV for the road trip.

More old TV shows to watch for me.

Ordered a new power cable setup from AMazon of course...  Delivery up here is 1 week on most items.  None of that next day , same day stuff up here.

:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :shock:
Tony

sirstude

I got stuck on watching Highway Patrol this morning.  Neat 55 Oldsmobile that  one of the cops drove.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Fun to see a few 1957 convertible Chevy or 1955 Nomad roll thru the scenes of these olde TV shows.. They were just new cars then in Highway Patrol TV show

Watched a few Barney Miller TV shows.  Not as funny as I recall ?  Weird
Tony

lofat46

Accidentally came across two old police shows on YouTube, both from 1957. One is based on LA County Sheriff files called "Code 3".  The other stars veteran actor Wendell Corey called "Harbor Command" about the exploits of the San Francisco harbor patrol. Pretty cool shows.

Crosley.In.AZ

Watched season 1 , episode 1 of the Lone Ranger. Its been a while since i have the first few episodes.

Explains how he became the Lone Ranger. Tonto found him after the ambush,that killed the other rangers, etc .
Tony

idrivejunk

On radio, one of the other Rangers was his brother. His wife was killed in a raid on the wagon train to their new beginning but young son survived. About the time he was 14, his and LR's paths crossed and he ended up riding with them for some time once they figured out he was a nephew. Name was Dan Reed and  there was a time when Silver was allowed to return to his home herd and sire a horse. For Dan, who named it Victor. This was during wartime.

I have the LR DVD set but the radio playlist on youtube is over 2,000 episodes. I might be halfway thru.

Watched the Life and Times of Grizzly Adams (1974) on youtube yesterday. Amazing wildlife interactions. Must have Ben a bear to film.
Matt