Titling in Maryland

Started by nut-T, October 14, 2004, 09:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nut-T

Anyone know / have been though getting a hot rod (mine is a 23 T bucket) titled and registered in Maryland legally?
Fiberglass body, I do have a MSO from Total Performance.

enjenjo

Can't help you with titling your car, I am sure some one here will. Welcome to the RRT.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bruce Dorsi

Welcome to the RRT!

Have you tried contacting Total Performance?  .....They should be able to answer your question.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

nut-T

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Welcome to the RRT!

Have you tried contacting Total Performance?  .....They should be able to answer your question.
I have called Total and got two different answers from two different people. The answer I got from the MVA doesn't make sense... they told me it's like a big rig glider kit. I was hoping to find someone in Maryland that has gone though it, that could tell me the best way.

Thanks
nut-T

Dave

Quote from: "nut-T"
Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Welcome to the RRT!

I have called Total and got two different answers from two different people. The answer I got from the MVA doesn't make sense... they told me it's like a big rig glider kit. I was hoping to find someone in Maryland that has gone though it, that could tell me the best way.

Thanks
nut-T

What about buying a 1923 title and trying that route. They sell titles in new york if they honor them in your state. Also there is an outfit in i think georgia that you can shell out some cash and they will get your car titled then i think you have to have it transfered in your state. Its easy here in Michigan but with the Boyd deal it will be interesting to see what happens in other states. It seems in Michigan all they care about is the money for a new title and plate and the tax. They never ask when transfering a title anything about the car. We can also have em inspected by a cop and apply for a builders title but ive never done that I just bought a 1932 title and transfered it
Dave