PEP'S car

Started by enjenjo, October 13, 2004, 01:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

For those of you that remember PEP034 is building a 37 Ford Roadster in Australia. Here a link to his build page, lots of neat stuff there.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/apepper/
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bruce Dorsi

Thanks for the link, Frank.

I haven't visited Pep's site lately, and I missed a couple updates.

Keep up the good work, Pep!  :b-d:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

enjenjo

That'w why I posted it, he is making wonderful progress.

Pep

Thanks Frank for the kind words....I still have a couple of years to go me thinks.....I have come to the realisation that the chassis needs bending a bit. A bit of inexperience I guess, but I now know what needs to happen. It looks like the rusted section on the l/h rail right under the body mount sagged a bit and kicked up the rail at the rear. I should have measure it a bit closer. I will have to cut the boxing plate out ( about a foot) and cut the top rail. It will need a cradle to hold the chassis at level. I have already got the rear cradle, and will make the front one once the body comes back off, which will only happen after I have finished the steering and engine stuff.. I hope I will be able to cold bend the rail from the rear with a pry bar and a trolley jack under the sagged section.. If not, a bit of heat may do it...Just a little problem to add to the list of many :wink:  ...I think I'm still having fun...at least I am wound free at the moment. :D
See Ya
Pep

enjenjo

Sounds doable Pep. It may move easier than you think.