Fenders on my 32

Started by DRD57, October 24, 2004, 10:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

Just a few loose ends to finish up and this one will be a driver

phat46

Quote from: "DRD57"Just a few loose ends to finish up and this one will be a driver

you're NOT gonna paint that are you?
Looks great!

Bob K

I like it better with the fenders on.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

DRD57

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "DRD57"Just a few loose ends to finish up and this one will be a driver

you're NOT gonna paint that are you?
Looks great!

A couple of the "too shiney" bits will be painted to match the distressed nature of the rest of the car.  

Eventually, this chassis willget a re-pop body and this body will be reunited with a genuine Ford chassis and made into a * shiney high boy.  

That all has to wait until theCadillac is done.

This quickie build was just to get the heap driveable so, I could have some fun with it.

Bib_Overalls

I like it.  If you want to make it slick and shiney give it a couple of coats of clear.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Gilles

I like it with the fenders. Happy to see this car outside under the sun!  Be carefull on the sunburn Don!

Gilles

beatnik

That looks great Don, has the perfect stance.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

DRD57

Quote from: "beatnik"That looks great Don, has the perfect stance.

I actually want to work on the stance a bit more. It sits a little too high in the front for my taste. One or two leaves out of the spring should fix that. It also has a 46" axle in it right now that puts the front wheels a little too deep in the fenders. It's hard to see that in these photos though. I'm going to try a 48" and a 50" to see what looks best.

purplepickup

Lookeeeng Goood...!  Don, I'll bet you'll have so much fun with it the way it is you might change your mind about making it all smooth and shiney like all the rest of them.  That car stands out just the way it is and is unmistakenly unique.  That's what most of us dream about.
George

Mikej

Fenders are good. No road rash on the side of the car. No water spray from the tires. The way it is now you could just drive the P out of it.

Roadstar

Looks great Don. There is alot to be said for a full fendered 32  roadster that sits right.

As far as lowering it more in the front I think you will find you need that narrower axle. They can never be low enough right.

You are lucky to live where you do. Back here in the Midwest we are thinking about storing stuff away for the winter about now.

I know how much fun you are gonna have cruising it though :D

DRD57

Quote from: "Roadstar"As far as lowering it more in the front I think you will find you need that narrower axle. They can never be low enough right.

I can't get it really low because the frame isn't notched in the front.

Roadstar

Quote from: "DRD57"
Quote from: "Roadstar"As far as lowering it more in the front I think you will find you need that narrower axle. They can never be low enough right.

I can't get it really low because the frame isn't notched in the front.

Well get to cuttin then :lol:  :lol:

Actually it looks fine the way it is and if any one says anything just ask to go over and look at there all steel california full fendered 32 Ford roadster.

Oh they don't have one? I didn't think so.

You are my Idol Don :P

OFOF

Don Palfreyman

Topsterguy

Whoa!  Man, is that EVER cool!  Don't do ANYTHING to it.......................just drive the wheels off it!! :D
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"