Laptop computers

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 02, 2021, 02:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: jaybee on October 16, 2021, 08:34:56 PM
Looks like it's decision time.

Yes it is decision time...

Canuck: I've been reading up on brands. My brain is worn out.  :o  .. I am looking for decent speed processor. RAM of 8 gig or more. The main drive size is not a concern since I do not store large volume of stuff on the laptop. Former laptop was a 15 inch screen. Its what I am used to now.

What I find is likely I will buy a unit and then upgrade the RAM amount. I have done this on most of my computers the last 20 years.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

No decision made yet.  :D ...  I am still using the Mac Mini 2010 model yr computer. I bought a budget 24 inch TV as a monitor that I feed with HDMI cable from the Mac.

I found the power supply cable for my old Dell laptop that runs on Windows XP. That laptop is about 16 yrs old. No battery in the Dell for years. The OEM battery quit.  I tried some replacements and the Dell would not recognize the non OE battery and charge it. That makes me stay away from Dell products
Tony

58 Yeoman

Tony, just be sure the new laptop can have more memory installed. I think some of the newer ones are stuck where they are.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on November 24, 2021, 11:32:27 AM
Tony, just be sure the new laptop can have more memory installed. I think some of the newer ones are stuck where they are.

That is great advice. I don't know that I've ever had a pc whose life I haven't extended with the cheap addition of extra memory.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Recently bought a HP Pavilion- 15  laptop.  Costco had deals going on  as usual..  15 inch screen, 12gig of RAM... Works well like most of the laptops will.
Tony