What are you changing this winter?

Started by 48ford, October 08, 2004, 03:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

With the season winding up,What changes are you going to make this winter?
For me it's an Overdrive tranny and cruise for the 46 ford.
Russ&Irene

enjenjo

I'm going to try and change the pile of parts out in the shop into a car :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Frank's got the right idea, the olds I hope to have become a car, but need to replace the front springs (again) on the Impala and lift the back.  Tired of dragging the headers all the time.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm going to try and change the pile of parts out in the shop into a car :lol:

"A CAR"    more like 2-3 cars!!  :wink:  :lol:  :wink:

Sean

Thinking about cutting 2' out of the bed of my truck.

Dave

Quote from: "48ford"With the season winding up,What changes are you going to make this winter?
Russ&Irene

Uhhh nothing..
Dave :)

tomslik

Quote from: "48ford"With the season winding up,What changes are you going to make this winter?
Russ&Irene

gonna tear the 48 chevy coupe down and redo it.
gettin' a cage and a row yer own trans this time around, also have this 50 jimmy that's gonna be a cheap and dirty deal that'll get drove with a "for sale" sign in it.
plan on working on my wifes' 27 chebby rpu, too.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

GPster

Hoping to get the Jeepster back in the garage where it belongs. First order of business is to get the truck running again so that it can sit behind the garage and be driven around when I feel like working on it. At the moment the truck is sitting in the driveway so I can use that new 5 HP pressure washer (flood clean-up machine) to clean the mud, rust and grease off of it. The guy that's going to pour the patterned concrete driveway for us announced that he should be able to start it in two weeks. That gives me a place to contaminate the ground and cover it with concrete. Of course I'll probably have to clean the garage. 30" of flood water leaves some mud when it leaves. GPster

Skip

Gonna re-wire the beast.  Heck, it's been well over 35 years since I did it the last time.  I guess I'll tyreat 'er to an brandy-new, old-timey, cloth-covered harness.

.....and fix the paint, too.  Got a good portion of it blocked down to the base-coat already.  Prolly get a bit of epoxy primer on the bare spots by Monday night (before the cold weather sets in)
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting

Sean

trackster

Changing this winter?  My shorts!!  Oh, you mean on the vehicle! :lol:   Plan to take the 4 speed out of the A pickup and replace with a 5 speed. Probably a T-5.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

tomslik

Quote from: "Skip"Gonna re-wire the beast.  Heck, it's been well over 35 years since I did it the last time.  I guess I'll tyreat 'er to an brandy-new, old-timey, cloth-covered harness.

.....and fix the paint, too.  Got a good portion of it blocked down to the base-coat already.  Prolly get a bit of epoxy primer on the bare spots by Monday night (before the cold weather sets in)

hey skip, who's gonna rewire it for ya? :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat46

[ Hey Skip, long time no see.
I know a good book about wiring if you need any help!
I'm gonna wire my project truck from scratch this winter so i guess i'll need a copy too!  :lol:

Jbird

MY MIND!!!
 Or should I say quit changing my mind. It seems that while building my  hammock daydream when I decide to finish a particular part of the car I'll get 90% done then start mentally redesigning what I've just done. I spend way too much time pondering. Maybe I should have built a car that  already existed.
                            Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance