Non auto road trip

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 02, 2004, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

We just returned from a road trip on the scooter around northern Arizona.  1,193 miles in a little less than 3 days.

Visited the north rim of the Grand Canyon, then into Page Az, over to the 4 Corners area, into Colorado a short ways ( no rain !), down to the Petrified forest area, and took the back roads home.

Great weather, a little rain here and there. Snow on the ground in the Grand Canyon park area. Temps in the  low 40's in some areas, mid 60's in others.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Tony, I've been back only a couple weeks from my western trip, and I'm ready to go again.  Don't think I'd care for the snow, though. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Glen

Thats great that you have a found a new way to escape a little.  You have been working on your house for the last couple of years pretty hard,  its nice to see you get out a little.

congrats Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Glen..... We had not done any serious riding in years. This new 1800 Goldwing is fun and we are having a ball!  The Goldwing is a 1.8 liter , 6 cylinder engine with 100 hp at the rear tire. Fun and smooth.

Phil..... I am getting new stones on the wing this week.  Janice is going to San Diego with her sister for 4 days....... me & the wing are outta here to some place I have not yet decided on..  :D
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "Crosley"We just returned from a road trip on the scooter around northern Arizona.  1,193 miles in a little less than 3 days.

Road trips are always great stress relievers.  Looks like lots of fun.  Planning on going west next summer, maybe we'll meet and bench race some.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

HotRodLadyCrusr

Wow!  Being on a bike riding thru God's country can't be beat and spending time like that with the better half is just icing on the cake.  Congrats bud.

Not sure if you've ever met him or have seen a photo of him but you look alot like "Just Steve".
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

58 Yeoman

Tony, my new Stones from Hal came in this week; looks like the Lops will finish the season.  Watch the weather when you leave...it's getting late in the year in some of those high elevations.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil