1994 Ranger stronger front springs

Started by WZ JUNK, March 06, 2020, 04:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I need to increase the ride height of my Ranger project so that I can get it aligned. The 460 made it sag enough that I do not think it will align correctly.  The camber is noticeably off.  Out at the bottom, and in at the top. I am looking at some new coil springs for the front, and I can make a spacer to place between the bottom of the coil and the I beam to raise it some more.  I plan to dig around on the Internet some.  They make some extra heavy duty and longer springs for the 4 wheel drive guys, but I would need to know more about them before I order some.

If anyone has any knowledge in this area or some free advise, I could use some help.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Call this company  https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/coil-springs/ hey can fix you right up. They may want your front weight when you call them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I am looking at these.  https://www.amazon.com/Moog-CC866-Coil-Spring-Set/dp/B000C55VKM/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=moog+cc866&qid=1583603709&sr=8-1.   They are rated 750 pounds more than the stock springs, which is more than what the added weight of the 460 and C 6 should be.  The stock ones show 899 pounds load and these show 1650 load pounds.  I would rather have more than not enough.

As a side note, I drove the truck quit a bit this morning.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"Where's the burnout video?????
. First impressions are that it would be impressive.   I have not pushed it hard yet but it is a pleasure to drive and has lots of zip.  It drives and rides like what I imagine a V 6 Ranger automatic drives until you push the loud pedal.  When you blip the throttle the truck rocks. I mean it physically rocks to the side.  This one is going to be fun.  I am going to change the mufflers.  Right now it sounds a lot like a 57 Ford with glass packs.  A sound I like on a 57 Ford but I prefer a deep rumble on this truck.

I plan to have my wife drive it tomorrow.  She can take me out for ice cream.

I am happy.

:D
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

The magnetism of a very large engine in a small anything has always appealed to me. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

My first V8 install on a Chevy Vega back in the 70's , we spent some time and cash on coil springs for the front to get a proper ride height.

people told me I needed V8 Chevy Monza Springs.  Bought them, installed them.. My 1972 Vega Wagon sit like a gasser with the nose in the air.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

The springs raised the truck 2" and now the wheels are nearly straight up and down.  We will see how does as it gets a few miles on it.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck