Divco and me

Started by 348tripower, February 06, 2020, 08:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I am taking on another project. I found this online. It had a Toronado chassis that I scrapped in favor of a Crown Vic. I am going to use the ford 4.6 and trans because it is already set up for one. I know a guy that will help with the electronics on this to make it run down the road! ( most of you know him too) I had to shorten the frame 13.5 inches and the driveshaft the same. If you have any ideas toss them in the pot and I'll stir it up.  :D

Don Colliau

idrivejunk

:D  Right off the bat, I see four strategically placed horizontal cuts and roof rake while you're at it.

Unless you want it to be sold as a novelty company truck for brand exposure and maybe delivery.

Wheres the rest of it?

I can hack up pics for you if you are thinking of, y'know...

chopping it up :!:
Matt

chimp koose

DUDE ! METALFLAKE!!!! 8)  8)  8)

348tripower

I have everything for it  except the left rear door. But everything is universal on these so the I just take the right panel the right door hinges on and turn it into a door and make two panels for each side of the opening. It needs to be a lot lower on the frame and I need to buy some steel to make this happen. Winter has returned again here in Michigan. It is just sitting out front of the shop waiting for better weather. Time for the design phase to start. I may just run this in patina to begin with. don't know if I can afford metal flake.  :D
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

An idea  :!:  :!:  :idea: ..  You will be cutting / drilling / filing / milling / making new frame rails, etc .....Save ALL the swarf from these operations, crunch them up real small like , mix them into your favorite color with some clear ....INSTANT homemade metal flake   :!:  :!:  :idea:  :roll:    

Hmmmmmm..... :?   I think they adjusted my meds again........ :oops:  :oops:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Lower it? Looks like it needs larger tires/wheels to fill the wheel wells.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

One slice takes it to suburban proportions without messing with side glass. Then theres the ute...

Matt

jaybee

These things are so cool. I was very young when they stopped home delivery but Roberts Dairy used to deliver in my home town with a Divco. I remember thinking how cool it looked because there was nothing like it around.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Matt

416Ford

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Charlie Chops 1940

My Dad drove one of those for a local dairy in the 50's.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!