Another parts supplier gone ....

Started by UGLY OLDS, November 15, 2017, 01:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

From Facebook....

Chassis Engineering Inc

It has been a fun 53 years of Street Rodding, but today we are closing our garage doors, packing up our tools, and preparing for new adventures.
To all our loyal customers, dealers and friends, we would like to say thank you, it has been an honor.
Keep your eyes on the Chassis Engineering Inc. website and Facebook page (link) after Thanksgiving to check out our online SWAP MEET for remaining kits AND some historic treasures found in the attic.
Sincerely,
Jeanne Lewis,
Chassis Engineering Inc.
PS. Keep your wheels on the road !

Bob.... :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I have used a lot of their products, not so much lately, but when I was building cars from scratch I used a lot. We are going to lose more I am afraid.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Ouch! That was the best forged axle there was when I researched 10 years ago. It's obvious that there's not enough cars being built that use what I would describe as normal and affordable anymore. I agree with Frank, I think in the next year we will see a lot more of this. Older owners, having to subsidize through the bad times. Why compromise your retirement savings when there's not an end in sight???
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

end of an era ? parts for the do it yourself builder. I used to look at their stuff to get ideas on how to accomplish something .

lofat46

Found this on CE's Facebook.  Condolences to the family.  Probably not an easy decision to shut down the company.

"Chassis Engineering Inc. founder Roy A. Lewis passed away Tues. October 17th, 2017.
Services will be Saturday October 21, 2017.
Visitation 10am, Celebration of Life 12pm.
Henderson Barker Funeral Home in West Branch, IA
He will be greatly missed by all who knew him."

rumrumm

It sounds like Roy was the company, and without him, the company didn't exist. It's like that with some businesses. It's too bad as Roy and his wife were some of the nicest people you would ever want to deal with, and their company had a great reputation.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Crosley.In.AZ

A shame.  I bought a few roll cage parts kits from them this summer.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"A shame.  I bought a few roll cage parts kits from them this summer.

I think you're thinking of the other CE....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Crosley"A shame.  I bought a few roll cage parts kits from them this summer.

yuuuup.  My bad
Tony

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"

yuuuup.  My bad

well, you're old so I guess i'll let it slide...this time

UGLY OLDS

yuuuup.  My bad

Be CAREFUL  :!:      He has scorpions  :!:  :shock:    And other "critters" readily available.....  :shock:  :twisted:

AND....He's prolly NOT afraid to use them      :shock:  :shock:

:-}

Bob... :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

As you know :  it is not the age , it is the mileage.  Since You are younger than I am. We can go for a brisk walk and see who gives out sooner.     :arrow:  :wink:
Tony

tomslik

As you know :  it is not the age , it is the mileage.  Since You are younger than I am. We can go for a brisk walk and see who gives out sooner.     :arrow:  :wink:

you'd have to climb on your "accord"....

and I don't run or  walk, not even if i'm on fire

UGLY OLDS

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but it looks like they are dropping the pricing to clean out the last of the inventory ....I don't think we will see them get any lower ...$100.00 for a complete rear 4-bar setup  :?:  :?:  :roll:

Bob.. :wink:

http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/