Saddle tanks

Started by chimp koose, November 30, 2017, 04:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

the more I think about it the more I am leaning toward saddle tanks . I will have to look at how OEM systems do it , probably in fuel injected trucks as I will need to use electric pump/pumps .

moose

The last OEM truck I owned that used twin tanks the switch was done via na electric valve. when it was switched it swapped the sending unit signal and fuel line routing. This was a late 70's Chevy.

chimp koose

Moose that would have had a mechanical pump down stream from the valve , I need electric before the valve . I really had not given much thought to the fuel gage sender , that needs to switch too doesn't it !

kb426

C.K. the f150 switch did both. Would it be better to use a transfer pump from one tank to the other and have one efi setup????
TEAM SMART

Carnut

On my 77 Silverado w/dual tanks I got tired of having to fill from side to side, so I ran a pipe across the frame and tied the filler necks together so I could fill both tanks from either side. Also due to age the electric switching valve started leaking so each side would level as fuel was used, essentially with two 16gal tanks it became a 32gal tank, which was ok with me. Just have to pay a little more attention to the fuel gauge.