A Thank You ......

Started by UGLY OLDS, November 10, 2017, 11:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Hey Folks ....Just wanted to say THANKS to all the veterans out there for your service & sacrifice ...  :b-d:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I concur with Bob! Thank you!
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Thanks, guys! 8)

We had bought a new 4 slice toaster at Menards back in March. It died a couple days ago; we hardly use it, mostly on Sundays. We returned it to Menard's and they gave us another just like it. Literally. Brand new, it was just as bad as the other one. We got a refund and went to Bed Bath & Beyond and found a different brand, and got a 25% Veteran's discount. Hope it works better than the other.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Harry

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Thanks, guys! 8)

We had bought a new 4 slice toaster at Menards back in March. It died a couple days ago; we hardly use it, mostly on Sundays. We returned it to Menard's and they gave us another just like it. Literally. Brand new, it was just as bad as the other one. We got a refund and went to Bed Bath & Beyond and found a different brand, and got a 25% Veteran's discount. Hope it works better than the other.

Check the wattage? when buying a new toaster. Some are so low they barely heat the bread.

58 Yeoman

1500 watts on the new one. Old one worked fine for 8 months. New one (and later old one) burned toast on one side and nothing on the other.

Back on topic. We saw our first bald eagle this season near here. They come down here for the winter where the waters aren't frozen. Very fitting to see the first bald eagle of the season on Veteran's Day.

Phil

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks for recognizing those who served. Outside of the veteran family it seemed a long time coming, especially to those who served in the mostly unpopular Vietnam business.

I had free lunch at Red Robin today and got a 10% discount at Lowes on the way home.

Charlie
Staff Sgt, USAF
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Charlie, I have a basic understanding of government function and some knowledge of human nature. Almost all of my friends were drafted for Viet Nam. Why the public choose to show displeasure to the servicemen instead of the government was a bit of a mystery to me. I guess we shot the messenger comes to mind.   :(
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

In the two years that I was in the Army, I never once had anyone give me a hard time where ever I went. Going through the airports, I got smiles and waves, never any yelling or gestures. When I came back from VN through Washington state in 71, it was still the same. Back then, I never travelled in fatigues, always a dress uniform, and I was only a Spec 4. Maybe it was all over by then?

Phil

enjenjo

I never experienced any disrespect either, and I got out in 71, but a lot of guys were screwed up mentally, and health wise, and never received any support from the people or the government. A lot of people were haunted by this for the rest of their lives.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Arnold

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"1500 watts on the new one. Old one worked fine for 8 months. New one (and later old one) burned toast on one side and nothing on the other.

Back on topic. We saw our first bald eagle this season near here. They come down here for the winter where the waters aren't frozen. Very fitting to see the first bald eagle of the season on Veteran's Day.

I went to our Rememberance Day service as usual.
 I have never even heard of any disrespect for those in the service here in Canada..

Toasters..I bought one of those stupid expensive toasters years ago..BECAUSE it was on sale a lot. I never would have believed there was any difference in toasters.

Many years ago I saw a bald eagle up here..(a good 100 miles North of Toronto on the shores of Georgian Bay.).in the middle of winter.
   Since then..not really all that uncommon (as far as myself and many others are concerned) They must eat other than fish? although I have seen a few bald eagles right beside still running rivers near here..although Kingfishers seem to find fish in the few still running streams up here.