Patience with delivery

Started by kb426, June 14, 2017, 06:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

This story will make you question if I should be unsupervised or not. Back in January, I'm perusing ebay thinking about what I might build next. I ran across the less than world famous Hoffman Group/ Johnny Law Motors store front. There was some items so cheap that the red light went off. There was 2 fittings I needed for an ac connection so I took a chance on them. They were shipped properly and in my hand in short order. I kept an eye out to see what was going on. They offered a complete 32 Ford front axle, brakes, spring, shocks, vega steering box, hairpins and bolts for $600 including shipping. This is normally 2 grand. I thought something was wrong. I watched 2 other buyers purchase this and no instant outrage so I became a gambler. :) I hit buy it now and in about 2 weeks a bunch of boxes arrived. I sent emails about shortages and never got a reply. I called the number that you have to dig to find and found out some dates for the back orders to be filled. Some items were the next month, some 2 months later. The last 2 items arrived today. Most of this stuff is a clone of Superbell or Magnum axle. Some of it looks identical. I wouldn't tell anybody to take a chance on this but I got lucky and got all the parts. I'm sure there will be some more stories about correcting the fit on some of the stuff but I did pay $600 for a complete front end. We've all talked about the quality of parts so everything we buy needs scrutiny anymore. I think I got lucky but I don't think I'll try this again. I had ebay, paypal and the credit card for recourse. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

What is the axle going under ???????? Do we get to find out soon?

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"What is the axle going under ???????? Do we get to find out soon?

Yeah, that ^^^  :?:  We can fill in the engine and front end blanks now though :roll:

IF you can make it work  :lol: (Bet u can) thats a score, KB. :!:
Matt

Carnut

kb426

TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

You got LUCKY..... :!:    That place has been flamed/knocked down/crucified sooooooooo bad on the HAMB that I am surprised that they are still around .... :shock:
NOBODY has anything good to say about them ..... :?
 Soooo....If its got an I-Beam front end , a SBF for power, an auto trans, what does it all go on    :?:  :?:  :?:  

I need to be careful, this is your third build since I've been around .... :? ..ALTHO.....I did sweep under the Model A frame & received the parts to overhaul the rear end for Fathers day ..... :idea:  8)  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Hey Bob, remember the Taco mini bike, the Yamaha cafe racer, the cl160 Honda, and the misc. to small to mention. :)
I will tell you guys that there's a good chance that it won't have fenders. LOL
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

What letter does the name start with , T or A ?

Crosley.In.AZ

I've pruchased a few small items from the Jonny Law place.  No real surprises with quality level on the price paid.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Hey Bob, remember the Taco mini bike, the Yamaha cafe racer, the cl160 Honda, and the misc. to small to mention. :)
I will tell you guys that there's a good chance that it won't have fenders. LOL

KB ...You gotta add the guitar amps & mill stuff to the list ....  :roll:   I was only counting things with FOUR wheels .... :?  :lol:

Rats ...Now I gotta sweep again........ :roll:  
Can you send me about six quarts of energy   :idea:  :?:  :?:

Bob... :wink:

kb426

C.K., do you mean something like Toyota or Acura? :)
Bob, the best I can do is share enthusiasm.  One of my friends has said I have the mindset of a teenager. I still get excited about doing projects. The freedom that I enjoy to create is fabulous. Where do I send a box of enthusiasm or whatever this is to? :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: kb426C.K., do you mean something like Toyota or Acura? :)
Bob, the best I can do is share enthusiasm.  
QuoteOne of my friends has said I have the mindset of a teenager.
I still get excited about doing projects.

Gee... The best I get is to "Stop acting like a child" .... :roll:  :?  :lol:

Bob.. :wink: