Tilt front end

Started by kb426, June 27, 2017, 06:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I met a guy in Pueblo who has ties to all the people that I know. This is a video of the hydraulic front end on his Willys. All the parts are cnc machined in his shop.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I built one of those about 20 years ago using electric screw jacks to do the same thing. That car is still not done, but the front end has been open about 500 times showing it off.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

I have had 2 cars with steel flip front ends . Great when working from the side , sitting on the tire . Not so great standing up and catching the corner of the fender on the  back of the head . Detailing your car should not include getting blood and hair off the fender. :oops:

jaybee

I've often wondered how difficult it would be to make a tilt front end with a supersized version of this.  http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/8870863+w+h+q80+re0+cr1/0506_z%2B2004_volkswagen_phaeton_v8%2Btrunk_hinge_view.jpg

This style of linkage is very common on new cars now. It lifts the front edge of the trunk lid so it can flip up more easily, helping clear trunk openings which don't seem to be all that big on most late models.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)