Drag week.

Started by enjenjo, September 23, 2016, 06:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I watched the results of drag week last night. It is almost unbelievable the times they are running and still be able to street drive the cars. They are knocking on 5 second runs, and still driving hundreds of miles between tracks. Even the small tire cars are in the 8s.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Those dudes are bad fast. Makes ya want to just kick a can down a dirt road in the other direction, don't it?
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Have you seen the build on the HAMB where they built a "dual/fuel" ,(Nitro & gasoline) , blown hemi  coupe that was making exhibition runs only due to a reverser failure on the first day  :?:  :?:
He was making passes in the 9's lifting well BEFORE the 1000 foot mark..  :shock:
A VERY-VERY nice well prepared car ...... 8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

The owner rebuilt the car after a fairly severe drag racing mishap that involved a guard rail about a year ago. What he found was that the car was severely under built for what he wanted to do with it.

An interesting rescue.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/rebuilding-after-the-crash.991650/
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

348tripower

I just watched that car run at Milan yesterday. Seems to be a handful.
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

Friend of mine n Glen's did the Drag Week in 2015.  Glen rode along.  Mustang with twin turbo LSX engine.  1993 yr Mustang as I recall

Last I heard the car has run 7.40s at 191 mph in same trim as Drag Week.

I recently freshened the trans for the car.

It is amazing the speeds run now with sorta - mostly streetable cars.  Yet the spectator turn out at these drag races in AZ is low.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

39deluxe

Quote from: "348tripower"I just watched that car run at Milan yesterday. Seems to be a handful.

Which one was it.I was there too.

Your truck is amazing, by the way.

Tom

348tripower

Quote from: "39deluxe"
Quote from: "348tripower"I just watched that car run at Milan yesterday. Seems to be a handful.

Which one was it.I was there too.

Your truck is amazing, by the way.

Tom

The green Plymouth Coupe about a 1932 with the Hemi.  Thanks for the compliment! :D
Don Colliau

57larry

I missed the day at Indy

39deluxe

Thanks. That was a strong runner. I got a big kick out of that green '56 Chevy gasser that looked like it had hit every guard rail it saw. That thing was fast and carried the wheels in the first 3 gears.

Tom