Back To The 50's

Started by 40, June 14, 2016, 07:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone from here planning to attend? The Grandson, I, and a couple of buddies will be heading up very early Friday morning and staying through Sunday morning. Not sure if I'll take a car, everything but the 51 that's old enough to enter is burried in the very front of the new shop with an entire house full of furniture stored behind it. Don't think I'll have the tags and insurance on the 51 by Friday. I can't wait till I get the new house started/finished so I can get the household junk out of my shop :x Last I checked,there were over 10K cars pre-registered......They may go over 13K this year!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

ragdol

Going up Thurs. Br at the show Fri. & Sat., don't know if I'll get out there Sun. Will be on the north side of Dan Patch not too far from the main gate with a white '63 Riviera. Larry

UGLY OLDS

I can't picture 10K++ cars on that fairgrounds .... :roll:
Instant gridlock .... :lol:

Don't forget to post photos ......  8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I've never been to a show that big. I've heard people talk about not seeing everything at 6 thousand cars. Where do you start? comes to mind.
TEAM SMART

I think this is the 43rd or 44th year for this event. I missed the first two and think I've only missed 2 or 3 other years. If I could only go to one show each year,this would be it.The fairgrounds is huge with tons of shade,the weather is usually not extremely hot in June and the event is about as friendly as they get.They have been flirting with 13K for the last couple of years......That's a lot of cars and,I'll have to admit it was more fun when it was 5 or 6K, It's still a great weekend. "Gridlock" is pretty accurate if you try to leave the grounds between 3 and 5 O'clock and if you are lucky enough to get a good parking spot,the last thing you want to do is go for a cruise!Every year we see several cars on the way home that we missed all weekend.....You certainly can't see them all but you can see just about any car you wish to see,there's always a very wide variety. I'll keep an eye out for your Riv and I'll stop and say hello!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

bucketmouth

I went last year and brought along some non hotrodders and they were impressed and finally understand why I keep coming to your side for the big shows.
Some friends went this year and were blown away by how good it was and some others are yet to return.
I hoping next year I can return for BTT50s after doing the LA Roadster show another one to cross off the bucket list.
Did you take any pix.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.