licensed my t today

Started by chimp koose, July 19, 2016, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Before you get all excited for me wondering where I got all that work done in so little time , let me say this . I registered and licensed my T today because all it takes is a valid serial # and a bill of sale to register it as an antique . That may not be the case in the near future . other provinces have been tightening up the procedures to license and register an old car or any car for that matter. My plates and insurance are $8 /month with $800 max insurance if a total loss . I can put regular plates on it later on if I want . I have built it to date following all of the legal requirements so that if it were to go through an inspection it would pass .Two years of plating the car as an antique is less expensive than an inspection . We have a year of manufacture license plate deal in this province where if you have a plate from the year your car was made from this province , you can register the car under that plate and use it as your only plate on the car . I have a 1926 Saskatchewan plate so I will restore it and use it when the time comes to put this car on the road . According to my serial # (which I will cut off the original frame and attach to the new one ) this car was built in late may of 1926 .

kb426

Congratulations! Anyone who's been through title issues understands completely. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

maybe I should provide a service ! There are folks from other provinces who will get a friend to license and register a car here and then sell it back with a valid registration . Legal but a bit of a loophole

BFS57

Hello;
I noticed (here in the U.S.) that there is a growing number of "independant"  businesses dealing with car registrations.
You simply pay them to do it for you! Now I don't know if these independants have better access to the DMV or if they go and "wait in line" but with several different licensing tasks to do.

Bruce

Rrumbler

Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;
I noticed (here in the U.S.) that there is a growing number of "independant"  businesses dealing with car registrations.
You simply pay them to do it for you! Now I don't know if these independants have better access to the DMV or if they go and "wait in line" but with several different licensing tasks to do.

Bruce

Kind'a like "process server services", pay them according to their fee schedule, and they do all of the hard work.  I was party to a service of some papers recently, and the guy I was with took them to a service that I found for him; in their office was a schedule of services, and DMV services was among them.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

idrivejunk

This is great news  :D  and no pics required!  8)  I will get a little excited for you anyway. :!:
Matt