Found Another Old Turd

Started by 40, June 12, 2016, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Been looking for an old Fleetline for a while and had this one turn up this week.Sold new about 120 miles from me in O'Neil Nebraska.Bought it from the original owners Grandson. Pretty much a rust free untouched old turd.....It has the perfect patina that some guys are paying big $$ to create. Not sure what the plan is for the old gurl.......Seems like a shame to molest such a nice old virgin.....but....I probably will anyway! Would be killer with a 502BB/6-speed combo and it needs a visor,of course.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

kb426

Looks pretty good. Is the bottom solid?
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Clean, nice lookin' old Chevy .....Fastbacks are neat ... 8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Quote from: "kb426"Looks pretty good. Is the bottom solid?

The entire bottom of the car is rock solid.......really unusual to see an old turd like this with both solid inner and outer rockers/floor & trunk pans.Only rust I can find is a bit of surface junk behind a few of the stainless pieces.It has a few small/minor dents that really provides some character.It's a few years older than me and in much better shape  :P

Rochie

Daryl
you always come up with some great stuff...HOW do you do it???

Rrumbler

Nice car!!!

It's funny, but the first thing that I thought when I saw the picture was "hogged out 292 with goodies, and a late five or six speed, and a late rear end".

Enjoy it.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

chimp koose

lowered , visor and chrome the engine bay . They are only original once .

idrivejunk

Niiice  8)  :!:

Fix it, finish using it up, THEN go Kustom  :idea:  :arrow:
Matt

Quote from: "Rochie"Daryl
you always come up with some great stuff...HOW do you do it???

Wayne.......I have been truly blessed to have met and become friends with dozens of car guys all over the country. They are aware of my car disease and if something pops up in their area,they give me a call which often results in a road trip to pick up the "find".That also gives me an excuse to visit and catch up.This old gal was close to home but still gave me an excuse to have lunch with an old friend. Any chance you are making the 50's this year?

Anyone have a favorite supplier for this era of Chevy? I need to replace a couple lenses and misc trim pieces and would also like to add a visor.I think I will go for the "barn find" look for now and just add a Fenton header and dual exhaust. I have next to no experience with the early 50's stuff so any suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.

BFS57

Hello;
Great car! If it were me, I would enjoy her just as is except with a little added pop.
First I would look at the "stoppong" power of this ride, then get the straight six running good! (HEI, carb, duel exhaust, maybe AC)
Next I would drive the wheels off it while taking notes and observations on a future path for this car.
Enjoy this one, not too many in this good a condition around anymore!!

Bruce