T bucket

Started by chimp koose, February 16, 2016, 11:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Went to look at what was supposed to be a nearly finished model T roadster pickup tonight . Priced for quick sale , so a buddy and I went to see if it is something we might finish and sell. It was not what we were expecting . T bucket with a front end that had the spring hanger welded on upside down , body in 2 feet of snow in another part of the yard .No motor or trans mounts and no rear suspension either. Lots of parts here and there but definitely a you build it model . I don't think there is any money to be made building and selling a T bucket , besides which , I could better spend my time working on my coupe . At least they didn't say it was a "deuce coupe" like most folks would .

WZ JUNK

I have had thoughts of looking at this one on the local craigslist  http://joplin.craigslist.org/cto/5451006854.html   There are several listed for sale locally but this one is the best deal.  Some of the ones are very nice but some are overpriced and not appealing.  One is even advertised as a 1934 Ford.  It is probably just as well that I have been busy with other activities and have not been able to go car shopping.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I have had thoughts of looking at this one on the local craigslist  http://joplin.craigslist.org/cto/5451006854.html   There are several listed for sale locally but this one is the best deal.  Some of the ones are very nice but some are overpriced and not appealing.  One is even advertised as a 1934 Ford.  It is probably just as well that I have been busy with other activities and have not been able to go car shopping.

John

You get a free rusty Crescent wrench with it, though, or is that part of the car?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

GPster

I'd like to find a couple of pieces and a title that goes with them. I have been looking at the Tom Medley book about the begining of Hot Rodding and Lakes racing and early Track racing in the '20s and '30s.  With my capabilities of needing a car with an automatic transmission for driving I think about a Model "T" single seat speedster. Just something to putt around town. Of course I think about an old motorcycle with a sidecar for spring but I know where that leads. This ia Wednesday and the new Bulletin Board comes out today and I can see what is for sale locally. Maybe I should spend the time working on the Jeepster. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I have had thoughts of looking at this one on the local craigslist  http://joplin.craigslist.org/cto/5451006854.html   There are several listed for sale locally but this one is the best deal.  Some of the ones are very nice but some are overpriced and not appealing.  One is even advertised as a 1934 Ford.  It is probably just as well that I have been busy with other activities and have not been able to go car shopping.

John

That brings a whole new meaning to "Chain Steering Wheel" .. :shock:

I wonder if it will catch on or maybe "Link Up"  :?:  :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

While I was a racer for a huge portion of my life, several of the people I'm around where street rodders. They all refer to t-buckets like boats: 2 best days, first and last. I've wanted to build one also but I don't discount what these guys have said. So if I build one will I be selling it by the end of the week????
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

T buckets are about as kit car as a street rod can be . Having said that, they are also a great way to get started . Not too expensive to do and not as complicated as a full on resto/rod .I would imagine quite a few guys that sell one get into a bigger rod project after that . For a while I toyed with the idea of making this one into a low buck altered but I think if I get back to the track it will be in another FED

UGLY OLDS

Back when my racing career was "waining" , I  too thought of taking the driveline from my mid 11 second door car & putting it in a "T bucket" arrangement as a base for an altered ....Hmmmm..Lots of horse power in a 1600 lb car .  :idea:  :idea:  :shock:  :?  8)  8)  8)

Reality ,(Actually my lovely wife),  said "Hey ..What about us "  :shock:  :?:

Everything "racy" was sold & our street rodding adventure started ....  8)

A friend of mine once remarked that riding to shows in a T Bucket reminded him of riding in the back of a pickup truck for 150 miles in ALL kinds of weather .... :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I built an altered T bucket for racing, and was able to run in the 9s with a near stock motor. 1700 lbs all up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I think all us car folks have looked at vehicles or projects that were: For Sale..  Said projects  were not quite the condition  the "owner thought" the project was.

I have another (?) interested person on my 1962 Falcon;  minus the power train.  He understands what is there and what was added to the car like 5 lugs, disc brakes, 8 inch differential..

Should be fun
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Beck

John
You may have helped the guy sell this. I went online to check it out and it was removed by seller.