1950 Dodge pick up

Started by bowtietillidie, January 07, 2016, 06:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowtietillidie

I am in need of information on the rear axles, brake drums and hubs.  I have this pick up in my shop  another shop cut hub and brake drums off with a torch . I have ask every one I know about parts.  I think I can hear several still laughing. I am wondering if any one has old Hollander Manuals that will help with finding the right parts . May be possible to use later model parts on the old Dodge rear end.   Not being a good Mopar man the only thing I can add is the pick up is a model  B .
  Waiting for the laughter    Thanks in advance
BOWTIETILLIDIE

enjenjo

Did they ruin the axles too?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Is that the old style axle with a hub keyed to the axle on a taper ?

bowtietillidie

Yes the are tapered axles.. like older Ford passenger car .  The hubs have been butchered and the brake drums were torched .  If any body has parts I will buy both axles both brake drums and both backing plates and related parts
BOWTIETILLIDIE

ragdol

I have a '50 rear end complete that I believe is the same.  I am assuming you are looking for stock parts. Let me know what parts you need.

bowtietillidie

Ragdol :      Check your Pm"s
BOWTIETILLIDIE

wayne petty

you are probably handled...   torched the hubs and drums off...

guess they thought autozone might have them in stock..

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=107

this shows parts books back to 55.. for conventional cars and perhaps trucks..

but also power wagons.. but i am sure those are different that what you are working on..

be sure to give a proper Detailed receipt if you offer them.. for the owner to jam down the throat of the butchers with the torch..  include pictures..  3 sets in albums.. work great for small claims court..

bowtietillidie

Thanks Wayne for the mopar information    I book marked it for future use
Thanks for your helpfulness on this forum.    Wish I lived in California so I could meet you and pick your brain. LOL  :)
BOWTIETILLIDIE

enjenjo

call Goebels auto parts in Bryan ohio  (419) 636-7111. They likely have what you want.

bowtietillidie

Thanks Engenjo:    I'll give them a call.  You are a walking encyclopedia of old car Information. And another guy I would love to pick your brain also

Thanks  BOWTIETILLIDIE  :)
BOWTIETILLIDIE

Harry

Studebaker had the same type hubs.
Maybe you can find a whole rear end.

enjenjo

I did some checking in the Hollander

Hub is Hollander number 869 fits 1/2 ton dodge 46 to 56 possibly to 59

Drum is Hollander number 108 fits 1/2 ton dodge 46 to 55

housing is Hollander number 132 fits 46 to 55 dodge 1/2 ton

axle is Hollander number 454 fits 46 to 53 dodge 1/2 ton

ragdol

I finally got out to check the rear end. It is a '49 from a B-1 P/U. 57-5/8 backing plate to backing plate measured at the mounting flange,44-5/8 center bolt centers. The rear end assembly is all I have with drive shaft. The backing plates & brake drums are among the missing. I may run across them, but can't find at present. The rear was out of a running truck, & has been kept inside garage since pulling. Let me know if this would be of any help to you. Price is cheap, but the shipping would be a lot I suppose.

bowtietillidie

Ragdol :      I would be very interested in that read end if you can find the drums and hubs.   If you  find them give me a shout . A couple of the forum members gave me some leads that I will check out .  If I find any thing  I will inform you  so you can stop your search    Thanks so much for your reply :)
BOWTIETILLIDIE

sirstude

Always keep Greyhound in mind for shipping.  They can send quite large/heavy packages pretty cheap.  They also cross bus lines, just check from the end you are shipping to, seems to work the best.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us